An artist friend of mine who worked in The Old Bakery & Emporium for a long time and recently retired to do more art, Kay Hughes, told me about this new gallery opening up in the near Hill Country west of Austin – Primal Gallery!
It was a treat to meet the owner, Joe ( Joseph Lednicky ), and a double treat to have a handful of very new acrylic pieces ( 2022 ) and a couple of older oils ( 2004 ) accepted for a try-out 🙏 😊
I’m returning tomorrow ( Thur, April 21 ) to show Joe my newest polyptych, Dawn. Yesterday’s post I declared it done ‘cept for fine tuning my sig on each panel 😊
If Dawn is a winner and also goes into the new gallery, I’ll be sure and let everyone know!
I’ll also be doing a much fuller presentation of Prime Gallery itself, plus adding it to my “See & Buy My Art” featured post / page 💕
I had such a nice trip going to Primal Gallery, combining rolling hills of country roads with some 2 and 3 lane freeway roads, I didn’t pay as much attention driving back and, I see now, hooked off onto a country road one road too soon and ended up way north of where I needed going, lol!
Between Google Maps and a nifty corner-road food court park full of good folks, I did manage to get back on track in time for lunch ☺️
This ( the red line ) is the route I took back home, with the blue line my original route going there 😏
At least the journey was pretty, and I did get safely home!
In my case, the journey definitely was the story, lol! 😊
Stay well everyone!
Where You Can See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
Thanks again, everyone! 😊