Continuing yesterday’s them of simplicity – some days simple being good 😊 – I decided to try a simplified polyptych, a two panel diptych with minimal over-all imagery, though of course open to extended nuancing of some or any portion of the the color fields.
It may be fun to see if some blue sheen in a brighter note can be sparingly added to my wanna-be-a-bird blue inlay. And some, a very little of that some, probably of the lighter upper yellow, might work among the deeper grayer yellow/gold along the bottom 1/3.
These are all “we shall see” ideas for now.
Keeping the general simplicity of the design, but with some nuance though, might be nice ☺️
This was the most single session painting I’ve done in awhile, in a week maybe? And it really showed in my mood and relative peace, and that in turn fed me energy during the same extended session 🙏
Even now, resting, working on this post, looking at a detail shot of the work-in-progress, I can see the potential for an eye, or bit of elaboration, to more clearly “suggest” a bird’s face!
Plus, now one can see more clearly the color nuancing in the slashes of blue —
It all, I’ll gladly happily admit, enthralls me!
And it all might even be partially a carry-over from the 9 year old spending the night last night. At one point, he began to examin the pictures on my art room’s walls and pointed out one of my 12×24 color fields, this one being mostly BW with a few dashes of gold – a very kinetic work, busy “almost” to distraction, but he liked it. I asked him if he’d like to have it, and he said, “Can you add more gold here,” pointing to a spot, “that big,” pointing to a larger-than-the-others swatch of gold already on the canvas.
“Sure,” I quickly said, openly grinning.
“And maybe,” he added, “little lines of gold, here, and here,” his little finger drawing a finger tip sized line in the upper left and lower right.
Nice balance, I thought to myself, grinning & nodding my head to him 😊
I didn’t work on that BW color field today, being energized enough to finally work on a full new piece again.
But, and I’d told the 9 year old this after he’d shown me his add-on preferences, the bigger new potential gold splotch had been tempting me too. He liked that. But the other, the small line-like addition-suggestions of gold, I hadn’t, and I told him so. And I think he really liked that too 💕
That may be a good project for this weekend as I leave “Freedom” in it’s 1st inlay to dry, and give my eyes time to see how much, or how little, more I feel will enhance this new work —
Stay well everyone! ❤️
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊