Lady Bird Lake from Lou Neff Point – Austin, seen above, has been a perennial best seller for me in print form from the time I had my 1st prints of it done via my long time printer, Harold – owner of Southside Printing here in Austin.
Prints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊
What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- list places one can purchase my prints ( in addition to Fine Art America )
- notate if the source is Austin local
- and maybe most importantly – begin to have my more desired images professionally scanned
Though my photography and digital work files seem to produce quite accurate and really pleasing renditions of my work on paper, my art work frequently doesn’t.
Or I should say, the printed result is nice, usually attractive, and sells – but – is not as striking an image as my original. Colors and especially backgrounds, are problematic in terms of accuracy.
A Blush of Spring is good example. Really lovely. One of those magic gems that just worked for me! 🙏 ☺️
But still a degree away from the original. I can’t replicate the original as an original of course, the original being a watercolor, my print of it, well, a print. And this image of my original is good. Yet, there’s a level of sparkle and a tone ( lighter ) of the background, that takes this to a new, almost magic level. I want that, as close as is possible. Or at least, closer than I’ve been able to with my own capture of my own work. I want to see what a professional scan would produce ❤️
Here’s two more examples that do well, one photography, the other, like A Blush of Spring, also watercolor —
And there’s many others. But I need to begin somewhere 😊
So that will be one of my major goals the rest of this year, at least in terms of my prints.
They already sell consistently. Time to give my art work prints the visual ammunition to strike bright feelings to the hearts of my viewers 💕
A variety of my prints are available in and around Austin at —
Primal Gallery, Dripping Springs Tx
The Old Bakery & Emporium
This post, like my See and Buy My Art post, will be anchored on my landing page and updated as able 😊
Stay well everyone! ❤️
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊