There’s 3 reports, all issued Thursday, Aug 25, 2022, that I accessed ( no charge ) via Fidelity and Reuters NewsFeed of reports from Econoday —
They were :
The image top of the post btw, is from a 4th economic report among the same day’s news – http://rfidelity.econoday.com/byshoweventfull.aspx?fid=541828&cust=fidelity&year=2022&lid=0&prev=/byweek.asp#top
There’s more in the day’s reporting, but these will give me a good range to “try” and show the issues and questions I’m grappling with, mostly theoretically, though there’s plenty of implications for my everyday thinking & doings, that’s for sure! 😊
Unfortunately, without a working computer I can find how to do more than urge you to read the reports, and ask – why are higher wages defined as inflationary, yet capital gains and windfall profits ( both of which I also like 😊 ) are not?
And yet most reports about consumers also mention that they ( we ) are more than half of what drives our economy!
There’s clearly a bias.
It’s similar to “excess” investments by businesses. What if the purchases are for reducing poisons in our air to enable us to live to discuss what is or isn’t inflationary? ☺️
And wouldn’t investments in quality of life enhancements to our air and water and food and shelter be counter-inflationary, since medical costs and other things like the price of food and water and power would go down? There not being as great a scarcity? Thus keeping prices down? Obviously there’s no way to fully know. But decisions, global and individual, must be made..and we can strive for the best we can….
Before I finish my self-rant-discussion, I need to add, I did want to provide a quote from each report, but the means to produce a fully image-link-laden post isn’t possible til I get a new computer, so I’ll wrap it up, hoping I can expand on this another time – though I’m very grateful for the use of Sheila’s iPad mini to get done what I could ♥️🙏🏾 😊
I’ll end with a quote of my own commentary from a prev post —
“Food right now is being targeted as a heavy inflation-recipient, which most of know is mostly true, esp if we don’t bargain shop ( shop the ads, coupons, etc ), and / or mostly buy either only extremely high scale food and drink items, and / or junk food.
“Food, my wife tells me, and she’s intimately involved in ads from all the major and some of the better minor grocery outlets here in Austin, is definitely costlier. But not to the degree we read or hear about on the news. We eat healthy and well, but not fancy. Yet, I can personally tell you, the meals she fixes us are “delicious!” 💕 “
Stay well everyone! Keep hopeful!! ❤️
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 02, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walking With the Stars Poster” : circa 2022Especially nice for to see my poster version of “Walking with the Stars” appear as my most viewed image of the week at Fine Art America 😊
- October 01, 2022 – Opinion: Careening Screaming Laughing Round the Curve and Guardrails America ( and the world ) is Entering Adulthood, Part 1…it’s my opinion humanity will soon decide to survive or not. And that we can only decide to survive by also deciding that means all of us.
- September 28, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 6 : Adding a 5th ( scumbled ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I don’t want to forget, souls and spirits that we may be, we are also of and from the Earth we stand upon ❤️
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊