Today begins the Labor Day holiday weekend, though some folks started sooner – can’t blame them!
Seems every place we went to today that wasn’t gonna be open Monday we were told so by a very broad smiling employee – yeah, can’t blame ‘em at all 😊
Ours is pretty simple past coffees, chocolate milk and breakfast for the three of us – grandson & us two grandparents:
- go grocery shopping at HEB down the street (the list began to be compiled and has continued growing since yesterday evening!)
- the 3 of us go to the pool before outside is an oven (again)
- off to Thundercloud Subs for lunch with a hefty 2 for 1 coupon (doesn’t hurt they also carry a mean brownie, I mean a HUGE mean brownie!)
- skip down the street to Trader Joe’s for some of their unique treats
- go home, wait for mommy to pick up grandson for their own holiday weekend plans
- rest 😊
Happy start of Labor Day weekend everyone! ⛵️ 🎉 🍺 🍕
The day began and rolled around having our youngest grandchild spend the night, taking him to school next morning, and picking him back up at school – but only after a stint in his chess club – with about 50 other kids, lol! 😂
If you want to know creative chaos, remarkably controlled by a handful of adults, try 4 or 5 dozen kids in an after school program! Having pizza delivered end of the club session didn’t hurt 😊
Then we brought him home for one more night of “Aww, come one, one more show, Grandma!” (LEGO episodes on Disney cable). “Can I have my pudding now?” (Organic of course; though next is homemade – a hand crank mixer is enroute from Amazon). And of course, “I’m not sleepy!” (Zzzzzzz – yeah, right!)
But we’d expected it all, and so did he of course. It’s our “thing” between the three of us ❤️
But mine and my wife’s unexpected biggie was attending our 1st Zumba Gold class in a “long” time.
That we made it through the whole class was a huge surprise & accomplishment, for both of us! Huge enough I interrupted my scheduled postings and cranked out a short post about it – you’ll have to check it out 😊
My Related Blog Posts
Related Amazon Search & Products
Thanks so much everyone!
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html