Checked & double checked today’s Amazon Affiliate post, my newest update featuring the new page they gave me for posting products I like and can recommend. It was a tricky post, not the Amazon part, the product sample part where I explained why I want this particular (for me) tool, a projector, to help me with my painting. Not for copying, but for studying the image as I work on it. The values. Using a greyscale photo conversion tinkered up to shift the feeling of the color version to my preference. See, told ya, complicated. I posted 3 BW sample variations. Bottomline, even that, the 3 sample images, are a work in progress in understanding how/if I’ll use this new gadget, uh, tool 😊 to help me with my painting. Just a glimmer of the full post I’m slowly developing about it all. So that’s the easy part of the day, lol! Weather holding, cough and sniffles holding (for grandma & grandson) we’ll head out to soccer practice late morning. The rest of the day? Who knows. Me, I guess, after it happens, lol! That’s okay. It’s Saturday. Even retired folks, like us, need a Saturday ❤️
Yesterday, wrapped up a long but interesting day listening to Adele, a Barbara Streisand / Celine Dion Duet (Tell Him), Eddie Money w/Ronnie Spector, The Eagles.
Sheila’d gone to SilverSneakers cardio at Gold’s Gym while I whiled away my time catching up on blog comments (to & fro). I enjoy it, just have to sneak some time in for the guilty pleasure 😊 Also continued my new regimen of 10+ minute walks after each meal, incl the evening’s usually extended snack of fruit, cheeses, specialty crackers. That’s mine I should add, lol! Sheila prefers a spicier cheese and liverwurst (yuk!), lol!
Lunch was improvised added-to finagled soup. Hot and delicious after the surprise 26 degree morning low! With another walk after for me. Sheila’d already step-hop-stepped more’n her share that morning ❤️
Then it was just hunkering down til time to head into town. The six year old has chess club on Fridays. Sometimes we stay the whole time, sometimes part of the class, other times (rarely) none at all – depending on any variable you can think of: time, aches and pains, other needs (groceries, etc), and even how Mr. Max himself is doing 💕
Yesterday we stayed a good while, but both he an Sheila were sniffling coughing struggling. We headed home. Once inside I went back out to HEB for local raw honey for the magic honey drink I desperately discovered little over four years ago when I was in Vermont and was in allergy hades 😊 The bees know, so to speak. And the local bees know our allergies, intimately. As we do too, though in not as productive a manner, lol!
Back home, took one last walk round the complex; actually headed out to the main road – good sidewalk, fully in the sun, a warm 60s kindly sun. What an incredible pleasure it is to want to feel the sun on my skin….
Once again back home, could see the smile in the 6 year old’s eyes as he freely roamed the large apt, knowing where everything was, knowing we’d have all the things he might want: small chunks of carrots, liverwurst (like grandma), while Vermont cheese (like grandpa), fresh bread with avocado butter, almond milk – mixed with high grade chocolate milk (there’s such a thing, lol!)
Then he and grandma settled to watch some of “his” shows – dinosaurs, then Pokémon, til I finished up some bits of whatever & today’s Amazon Affiliate post, til I joined them, and we watched Magnum PI w/gorgeous shots of island mountains, incredible rolling waves with incredibly adept surfers. And action! Lots of action! 😊 With lots of bathroom breaks. We, the two seniors, and he, the young grandchild, understand those things 😂
We settle back onto the bed to watch Magnum again.
“You know you’re my favorite grandson,” I mumble to him, grandma grinning.
He doesn’t bat an eye – “I’m your only grandson.”
Neither do I – “So? I told Philip (my son) the same thing, and he didn’t mind. Least til he got your age.”
That perked him up. He sat up straight. “Then I’m like Uncle Philip.” He waited for my reaction, watching me calmly.
“Well,” I say, feeling my wife watching me from the side, “that sounds like a good thing to me,” and let my eyes relax, remembering, mixing the two boys in their likenesses. “Just means you’re gonna do real good, like him.”
Six year old must’ve approved, cause he pursed a smile along his lips, like one of his cousins (they’re all older than him), the middle girl of our oldest girl – turned, flopped on his stomach & was ready to watch Magnum again ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html