Checked & double checked today’s Amazon Affiliate post, my newest update featuring the new page they gave me for posting products I like and can recommend. It was a tricky post, not the Amazon part, the product sample part where I explained why I want this particular (for me) tool, a projector, to help me with my painting. Not for copying, but for studying the image as I work on it. The values. Using a greyscale photo conversion tinkered up to shift the feeling of the color version to my preference. See, told ya, complicated. I posted 3 BW sample variations. Bottomline, even that, the 3 sample images, are a work in progress in understanding how/if I’ll use this new gadget, uh, tool 😊 to help me with my painting. Just a glimmer of the full post I’m slowly developing about it all. So that’s the easy part of the day, lol! Weather holding, cough and sniffles holding (for grandma & grandson) we’ll head out to soccer practice late morning. The rest of the day? Who knows. Me, I guess, after it happens, lol! That’s okay. It’s Saturday. Even retired folks, like us, need a Saturday ❤️
Yesterday, wrapped up a long but interesting day listening to Adele, a Barbara Streisand / Celine Dion Duet (Tell Him), Eddie Money w/Ronnie Spector, The Eagles.
Sheila’d gone to SilverSneakers cardio at Gold’s Gym while I whiled away my time catching up on blog comments (to & fro). I enjoy it, just have to sneak some time in for the guilty pleasure 😊 Also continued my new regimen of 10+ minute walks after each meal, incl the evening’s usually extended snack of fruit, cheeses, specialty crackers. That’s mine I should add, lol! Sheila prefers a spicier cheese and liverwurst (yuk!), lol!
Lunch was improvised added-to finagled soup. Hot and delicious after the surprise 26 degree morning low! With another walk after for me. Sheila’d already step-hop-stepped more’n her share that morning ❤️
Then it was just hunkering down til time to head into town. The six year old has chess club on Fridays. Sometimes we stay the whole time, sometimes part of the class, other times (rarely) none at all – depending on any variable you can think of: time, aches and pains, other needs (groceries, etc), and even how Mr. Max himself is doing 💕
Yesterday we stayed a good while, but both he an Sheila were sniffling coughing struggling. We headed home. Once inside I went back out to HEB for local raw honey for the magic honey drink I desperately discovered little over four years ago when I was in Vermont and was in allergy hades 😊 The bees know, so to speak. And the local bees know our allergies, intimately. As we do too, though in not as productive a manner, lol!
Back home, took one last walk round the complex; actually headed out to the main road – good sidewalk, fully in the sun, a warm 60s kindly sun. What an incredible pleasure it is to want to feel the sun on my skin….
Once again back home, could see the smile in the 6 year old’s eyes as he freely roamed the large apt, knowing where everything was, knowing we’d have all the things he might want: small chunks of carrots, liverwurst (like grandma), while Vermont cheese (like grandpa), fresh bread with avocado butter, almond milk – mixed with high grade chocolate milk (there’s such a thing, lol!)
Then he and grandma settled to watch some of “his” shows – dinosaurs, then Pokémon, til I finished up some bits of whatever & today’s Amazon Affiliate post, til I joined them, and we watched Magnum PI w/gorgeous shots of island mountains, incredible rolling waves with incredibly adept surfers. And action! Lots of action! 😊 With lots of bathroom breaks. We, the two seniors, and he, the young grandchild, understand those things 😂
We settle back onto the bed to watch Magnum again.
“You know you’re my favorite grandson,” I mumble to him, grandma grinning.
He doesn’t bat an eye – “I’m your only grandson.”
Neither do I – “So? I told Philip (my son) the same thing, and he didn’t mind. Least til he got your age.”
That perked him up. He sat up straight. “Then I’m like Uncle Philip.” He waited for my reaction, watching me calmly.
“Well,” I say, feeling my wife watching me from the side, “that sounds like a good thing to me,” and let my eyes relax, remembering, mixing the two boys in their likenesses. “Just means you’re gonna do real good, like him.”
Six year old must’ve approved, cause he pursed a smile along his lips, like one of his cousins (they’re all older than him), the middle girl of our oldest girl – turned, flopped on his stomach & was ready to watch Magnum again ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- October 19, 2021 – Turning 71 Feels Like Turning on the Spigots!I’ve meandered around what to write for my birthday post this year, probably reflecting not exactly the chaos (though there’s enough of that, lol!) but the whirl of activity in my life right now – fitness activities, art – of all kind, family, and the stutteringly slow but certain shift from unbearable 6 month summer in Austin to, well, breathable walkable art-doable weather ❤️ Weatherman says the weekend days’ highs into my birthday (Tuesday) are the coolest temps since mid-April. That’s a very long time, lol! 😅
- October 18, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 3, 1st Completed Work of 5 – “Playtime, Mother and Child”I’m also breaking a bit of tradition in terms of my routine and going ahead and posting my completed image, not as good a resolution etc as I’d like (yet), and also not yet uploaded to Fine Art America. It’s simply a time choice. Paint and create. Or paint less but massage the photo capture & upload to FAA more. It’s not really a win-lose thing.
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
- October 13, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 2Recently I posted 3 other canvas paintings I’ve been working on, and here I’m showing the 2 I’d mentioned in that post but didn’t have photo captures of yet. Both are 18×24 on canvas, with light molding paste from Golden, but, at this stage applied slightly differently.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html