Making cereal breakfast w/lots of fruit and nuts, sprinkled with coconut and a raisins, then heading out to the Old Bakery & Emporium to make a showing & check inventory; then stop at Sprouts for groceries on the way back. Sheila’s going with me this morning, as I’ll only be at the Bakery about an hour. She can walk the garden flower paths beside the bakery that create a clear visual buffer to the Texas State Capitol bldg across the street. It’s a beautiful area still preserved by the city. I don’t know if voluntarily or forced to by law, lol, but I’m glad it is 😊
After, I hope to paint and post about reaching a true milestone with my blog! I may surpass my highest total for combined number of visitors and views in one year today! A number count I haven’t touched since 2012. Hopefully I’ll have time to format & create it, with screenshots of the top posts so far this year, plus the top posts of 2012. Should be interesting! If I can I’ll add the link here later, but it’ll show as one of my featured posts on my landing page too: www.FelipeAdanLerma.com . It’s been a fun interesting process, and none of it would have happened without you guys, my fellow readers, stopping by and see what I’m saying or picturing or doing, lol! I’m very grateful for that and any and all comments! Thank you!!! 💕
Listening to a second pot of coffee making 😊
Morning Walk Along the Fringe of the Hill Country
Though areas of Austin are definitely hilly, especially west of MoPac and 620, the land south and southwest of the city’s center and away from Lady Bird Lake, is a dry slow rolling land creating routes to some of the Texas Hill Country’s most well known hill country vistas – Lost Maples, Garner State Park, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, and much more. Lady Bird Wildflower Center is also a carefully preserved protected patch of near hill country land nearby. As is Blue Hole and Wimberley less than an hour away.
So on beautiful mornings like yesterday, I can’t get myself to go off to an indoor gym when I can walk from my front door to glimpses and, if I glint my gaze carefully, physically sense what it might have looked and felt like a hundred, two hundred or more years ago.
Rough dry land sprinkled with shrub and boulders. Deer and rabbits running freely like children let out to play. A wide ranging sky with a dome of blue you can almost touch.
I took what pictures I could (see link below), but rejected a few. The stain that only man can leave was here and there, broken glass, paper and plastic remnants. I left them out of the pictures I posted in My Yesterday in Pictures. I wanted to convey the part of the pleasure of walking out along a five lane freeway-speed equivalent road and catches glimpses of the good of walking out in nature on a relatively rare gorgeous weather day.
As my wife told me later when she’d asked about my walk, “Not too cold, not too hot. Just right!” ❤️
Note: pics of walking along the fringes of the hill country, evening twilight, and my art at Cypress Grill, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 19’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Neuroscience Says Listening to This Song Reduces Anxiety by Up to 65 Percent | Inc.com by Melanie CurtinThe group that created "Weightless", Marconi Union, did so in collaboration with sound therapists. Its carefully arranged harmonies, rhythms, and bass lines help slow a listener's heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 13-14, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 13-14, 2019 – Trip to Houston: Christmas Lights, My Mom
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 12, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 12, 2019 – Grandchildren & grandparents ❤️ My artist process – old starts becoming new paintings 👩🎤
- Pursuit of Perfection in the Arts by David J. Rogers“The virtuoso performance is the single most exciting and popular feature not only of drama but of any art, and the most thrilling feature of a virtuoso performance is not the possibility that the artist may fail. Rather, it is the spectacle of succeeding in an extraordinary way…”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 11, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 11, 2019 – Creativity: My artist process / comparison 2003 vs 2019 – is it that much different?
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 10, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 10, 2019 – Varnishing, glazing, and delivery two paintings to Buda Mercantile Co., Buda Tx 😊
- Glazing with Acrylics, Oils and Watercolors / Just Paint via Stacy Brock & Golden Artist ColorsThe word “glaze” can have a very slightly different meaning whether you are painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor. In all three media, a glaze is a translucent layer of color applied on top of a base of other colors or an underpainting.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html