Today I’m staying home (if possible) though Sheila’s braved the cold wet outside to go to Gold’s Gym’s SilverSneakers cardio class! I’ve made a bit of progress catching up on stuff from yesterday’s holiday filled day ❤️ and am looking fwd to some wonderful leftovers and working on my in-progress acrylic experiment 😊 Hope every stays safe and warm!
Listening to Adele (Lovesong, Set Fire to the Rain, Someone Like You), and Niall Horan (Sheila & I saw him on the Graham Norton show & really liked his performance!) (Too Much To Ask, This Town, Slow Hands – esp liking the middle song 😊)
Thanksgiving – Walking (holidays & bad weather)
Not sure there’s an age one can be where some degree of ambiguity, pros & cons, good and bad or sad memories don’t surface. And pretty sure all but the emotionless are exempt, lol!
So we had our share of shared food, shared remembrances, shared hopes, and maybe a few fears. And least I forget, shared kindnesses to each other and each other’s differences, slight as they are compared to so much we see elsewhere, though felt keenly because of our closenesses….
And what I woke up realizing as the light rain swept us from our sleep, was the deep welcome respect we paid each other’s thoughts. As good as the food! Yes, the food was that good ❤️
And as before, on other gatherings, it was the layerings that continued to amaze me. Sharing moments with grandchildren, then with children w/memories of the beginnings of their children, then with folks our age – moments and memories that pre-dated the children, when we were barely not children anymore 💕
(walking in bad weather & holidays)
A huge challenge yesterday and really the last few days and even today, is finding when and where to walk to even get close to 7500 steps. Yesterday broke another small but continuous streak of reaching that goal, but I’ve come to not feel I’ve failed. Often I’ve need to scale back a day or two. And, I have the confidence back I’ll pick up the pace quickly when & where able.
Plus, because I do keep my walking regimen pretty much intact, in those reasonable necessary pauses, I default to the next and nearly as important goal (as outlined in one of the quizes via WebMD) : to especially walk at least ten minutes after eating. That was definitely important yesterday, lol! 😊
My son and his wife’s place where we celebrated Thanksgiving is multi-level, so, after stalling and hemming and hawing whether to bundle up and go out in the drizzle, or walk in front of folks inside 😂, several folk suggested I just go up and down the stairs! Perfect!
I made 5 round trips up and down the stairs, felt myself burp a bit near the end, and knew, even if not ten minutes, it was close enough for the holidays 💕
Note: pics of Thursday and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 28’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html