Today I’m staying home (if possible) though Sheila’s braved the cold wet outside to go to Gold’s Gym’s SilverSneakers cardio class! I’ve made a bit of progress catching up on stuff from yesterday’s holiday filled day ❤️ and am looking fwd to some wonderful leftovers and working on my in-progress acrylic experiment 😊 Hope every stays safe and warm!
Listening to Adele (Lovesong, Set Fire to the Rain, Someone Like You), and Niall Horan (Sheila & I saw him on the Graham Norton show & really liked his performance!) (Too Much To Ask, This Town, Slow Hands – esp liking the middle song 😊)
Thanksgiving – Walking (holidays & bad weather)
Not sure there’s an age one can be where some degree of ambiguity, pros & cons, good and bad or sad memories don’t surface. And pretty sure all but the emotionless are exempt, lol!
So we had our share of shared food, shared remembrances, shared hopes, and maybe a few fears. And least I forget, shared kindnesses to each other and each other’s differences, slight as they are compared to so much we see elsewhere, though felt keenly because of our closenesses….
And what I woke up realizing as the light rain swept us from our sleep, was the deep welcome respect we paid each other’s thoughts. As good as the food! Yes, the food was that good ❤️
And as before, on other gatherings, it was the layerings that continued to amaze me. Sharing moments with grandchildren, then with children w/memories of the beginnings of their children, then with folks our age – moments and memories that pre-dated the children, when we were barely not children anymore 💕
(walking in bad weather & holidays)
A huge challenge yesterday and really the last few days and even today, is finding when and where to walk to even get close to 7500 steps. Yesterday broke another small but continuous streak of reaching that goal, but I’ve come to not feel I’ve failed. Often I’ve need to scale back a day or two. And, I have the confidence back I’ll pick up the pace quickly when & where able.
Plus, because I do keep my walking regimen pretty much intact, in those reasonable necessary pauses, I default to the next and nearly as important goal (as outlined in one of the quizes via WebMD) : to especially walk at least ten minutes after eating. That was definitely important yesterday, lol! 😊
My son and his wife’s place where we celebrated Thanksgiving is multi-level, so, after stalling and hemming and hawing whether to bundle up and go out in the drizzle, or walk in front of folks inside 😂, several folk suggested I just go up and down the stairs! Perfect!
I made 5 round trips up and down the stairs, felt myself burp a bit near the end, and knew, even if not ten minutes, it was close enough for the holidays 💕
Note: pics of Thursday and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 28’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html