My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Varnishing & Preparing Paintings ❤️
The day remained dreary and grey and wet all day, so stayed in for most of my walks and spent the rest of the time enjoying working with my art 😊 Above is Yellow Blooms and I decided to give it a coat of varnish. Seems to have brought the floral motif out against the background even better! It’s scheduled to be delivered for a Creative Arts Society show at Path Salon next week. Now it’s ready-ready 😊
Except for a few more touches, and possibly eventually varnishing it, Floating Blooms is about done I think!
It’s amazing to me, seeing it today as the light finally shifts from dreary cloudy to bright blue cool, how the colors change as the light varies, bringing out differing colors and even moods. My work’s always been kinda like that, even painting straight from the tube, because of the layering. But now, adding glazes to the mix, the image is literally alive in the light!
My new reblog today is the main article I found that drove me wholeheartedly into experimenting more with glazes, and without giving up my love for texture in other applications, on the same painting! Nice! ❤️
The Road to Lost Maples, circa 2004 oil, is one of two pieces (the other is below) Sheila’s taking to Buda today to a new shop on Main St in Buda just south of Austin.
Our youngest girl is leading a redevelopment for the owner into converting several adjoining warehouses into what’s hoped to become a combination gift shop, restaurant, and “maybe” night spot. Right now the goal’s getting the merchandise option up and viable, and that looks very promising right now!
Lost Maples itself is a true gem, a geologically unique vestige of Texas “way” before it was Texas, lol! Considered and structured as a Natural Area vs a state park, the goal is to preserve that precious heritage 💕
And above is Country Barn. Titled to be any barn in Central Texas, it’s from a photo I took meandering down Hwy 71 from Austin to Columbus, back when one could meander that road, lol! This painting is circa 2007 😊 I’ve a panorama photo version of one of the photos of this spot on Fine Art America – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/between-la-grange-and-columbus-texas-hwy-71-panorama-circa-2007-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
That’s it for today from yesterday – thanks so much everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 14, 2021 – The Unintended SculptureAttractive as it is – the modeled plastic cup/drink container – it was an accidental sculpture courtesy of our dishwasher, lol!
- April 13, 2021 – Moving in Our 70s During Covid – Removing Pictures from the WallsYesterday was a small but significant day in our move-prep days, I took down the remainder of our paintings and pictures from the walls.
- April 12, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Volleyball Setter Poster 2”It’s very neat to see my new visual design for Volleyball Setter hit the mark of most-seen last week at Fine Art America!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html