My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Varnishing & Preparing Paintings ❤️
The day remained dreary and grey and wet all day, so stayed in for most of my walks and spent the rest of the time enjoying working with my art 😊 Above is Yellow Blooms and I decided to give it a coat of varnish. Seems to have brought the floral motif out against the background even better! It’s scheduled to be delivered for a Creative Arts Society show at Path Salon next week. Now it’s ready-ready 😊
Except for a few more touches, and possibly eventually varnishing it, Floating Blooms is about done I think!
It’s amazing to me, seeing it today as the light finally shifts from dreary cloudy to bright blue cool, how the colors change as the light varies, bringing out differing colors and even moods. My work’s always been kinda like that, even painting straight from the tube, because of the layering. But now, adding glazes to the mix, the image is literally alive in the light!
My new reblog today is the main article I found that drove me wholeheartedly into experimenting more with glazes, and without giving up my love for texture in other applications, on the same painting! Nice! ❤️
The Road to Lost Maples, circa 2004 oil, is one of two pieces (the other is below) Sheila’s taking to Buda today to a new shop on Main St in Buda just south of Austin.
Our youngest girl is leading a redevelopment for the owner into converting several adjoining warehouses into what’s hoped to become a combination gift shop, restaurant, and “maybe” night spot. Right now the goal’s getting the merchandise option up and viable, and that looks very promising right now!
Lost Maples itself is a true gem, a geologically unique vestige of Texas “way” before it was Texas, lol! Considered and structured as a Natural Area vs a state park, the goal is to preserve that precious heritage 💕
And above is Country Barn. Titled to be any barn in Central Texas, it’s from a photo I took meandering down Hwy 71 from Austin to Columbus, back when one could meander that road, lol! This painting is circa 2007 😊 I’ve a panorama photo version of one of the photos of this spot on Fine Art America – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/between-la-grange-and-columbus-texas-hwy-71-panorama-circa-2007-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
That’s it for today from yesterday – thanks so much everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.18.2“The room around them returned slowly. People approached. Congratulating them. On the show, on their togetherness. ‘Your show looks fabulous,’ Rosetta said to Arturo, ‘Macario came through.'”
- January 21, 2021 – Inauguration Day, The Day After – An Energy’s Been Unleashed!“I couldn’t decide what I’d write today!…And there can only be one reason – other than we’re one day closer to Valentines Day, my wife’s fav ❤️ — A new day has risen for America! For all of us who want it.”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.18.1“Arturo caught sight of Rosetta and immediately felt his heart expand. Her legs split the fold in her dress as she stepped….”
- January 20, 2021 – Inauguration Day, A Promise of a PromiseI’ve seen Inauguration Days since I was a kid, beginning with John F. Kennedy’s. (video – https://youtu.be/PEC1C4p0k3E) I still remember how thrilled I was, and then, how shocked, when he said we should ask not what our country can do for us, but what we could do for our country, lol! What! Me? I was barely ten!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.5“A brief gust shook the large panes ever so slightly, barely a tremor of vibration. ‘I think it’s her….'”
- January 19, 2021 – My Latest Images (Paintings, Digital, Photos) on Fine Art America“The funny thing is, this was to be a simple formatting job, getting the images I wanted into this post, lol! But at least I have a quick way to show ya’ll my most recent pics, from paintings to photos to digital work. And, when the facing image for one of my collections changes, I’ll update the pic below.”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.4“‘I thought food was being served…’ Me too, smiled Arturo….”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html