My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Varnishing & Preparing Paintings ❤️
The day remained dreary and grey and wet all day, so stayed in for most of my walks and spent the rest of the time enjoying working with my art 😊 Above is Yellow Blooms and I decided to give it a coat of varnish. Seems to have brought the floral motif out against the background even better! It’s scheduled to be delivered for a Creative Arts Society show at Path Salon next week. Now it’s ready-ready 😊
Except for a few more touches, and possibly eventually varnishing it, Floating Blooms is about done I think!
It’s amazing to me, seeing it today as the light finally shifts from dreary cloudy to bright blue cool, how the colors change as the light varies, bringing out differing colors and even moods. My work’s always been kinda like that, even painting straight from the tube, because of the layering. But now, adding glazes to the mix, the image is literally alive in the light!
My new reblog today is the main article I found that drove me wholeheartedly into experimenting more with glazes, and without giving up my love for texture in other applications, on the same painting! Nice! ❤️
The Road to Lost Maples, circa 2004 oil, is one of two pieces (the other is below) Sheila’s taking to Buda today to a new shop on Main St in Buda just south of Austin.
Our youngest girl is leading a redevelopment for the owner into converting several adjoining warehouses into what’s hoped to become a combination gift shop, restaurant, and “maybe” night spot. Right now the goal’s getting the merchandise option up and viable, and that looks very promising right now!
Lost Maples itself is a true gem, a geologically unique vestige of Texas “way” before it was Texas, lol! Considered and structured as a Natural Area vs a state park, the goal is to preserve that precious heritage 💕
And above is Country Barn. Titled to be any barn in Central Texas, it’s from a photo I took meandering down Hwy 71 from Austin to Columbus, back when one could meander that road, lol! This painting is circa 2007 😊 I’ve a panorama photo version of one of the photos of this spot on Fine Art America – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/between-la-grange-and-columbus-texas-hwy-71-panorama-circa-2007-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
That’s it for today from yesterday – thanks so much everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html