My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Varnishing & Preparing Paintings ❤️
The day remained dreary and grey and wet all day, so stayed in for most of my walks and spent the rest of the time enjoying working with my art 😊 Above is Yellow Blooms and I decided to give it a coat of varnish. Seems to have brought the floral motif out against the background even better! It’s scheduled to be delivered for a Creative Arts Society show at Path Salon next week. Now it’s ready-ready 😊
Except for a few more touches, and possibly eventually varnishing it, Floating Blooms is about done I think!
It’s amazing to me, seeing it today as the light finally shifts from dreary cloudy to bright blue cool, how the colors change as the light varies, bringing out differing colors and even moods. My work’s always been kinda like that, even painting straight from the tube, because of the layering. But now, adding glazes to the mix, the image is literally alive in the light!
My new reblog today is the main article I found that drove me wholeheartedly into experimenting more with glazes, and without giving up my love for texture in other applications, on the same painting! Nice! ❤️
The Road to Lost Maples, circa 2004 oil, is one of two pieces (the other is below) Sheila’s taking to Buda today to a new shop on Main St in Buda just south of Austin.
Our youngest girl is leading a redevelopment for the owner into converting several adjoining warehouses into what’s hoped to become a combination gift shop, restaurant, and “maybe” night spot. Right now the goal’s getting the merchandise option up and viable, and that looks very promising right now!
Lost Maples itself is a true gem, a geologically unique vestige of Texas “way” before it was Texas, lol! Considered and structured as a Natural Area vs a state park, the goal is to preserve that precious heritage 💕
And above is Country Barn. Titled to be any barn in Central Texas, it’s from a photo I took meandering down Hwy 71 from Austin to Columbus, back when one could meander that road, lol! This painting is circa 2007 😊 I’ve a panorama photo version of one of the photos of this spot on Fine Art America – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/between-la-grange-and-columbus-texas-hwy-71-panorama-circa-2007-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
That’s it for today from yesterday – thanks so much everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Watercolour Flower Painting Workshop (Collins Painting Workshop) by Hazel Soan (Book, Paper Edition)“Just beginning to use watercolors, and having seen Hazel Soan’s watercolor video on Prime Video, I knew I wanted one of her books. Though an older work, 1999 I believe, the information and images are timeless. The images themselves are stunning, stopped my wife in her tracks when I was browsing through the book 😊”
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on The First Snow 01.25.20“Later, once the piece is done, the gloss isolation layer and matte varnish will have to protect paint and masking fluid. The glossy isolation layer preserves the colors, and the clear matte varnish protects against dust etc, but restores the surface feel and matte finish of the completed work – as I found out via … Read more
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 01.24.20“Turns out this method (for me) is also not 100% foolproof, at least in regard to getting the right areas masked, etc. But I really think this is more to do with a learning curve, both in regard to watercolor choices in general, and using masking fluid for and with those choices.”
- 7 Expert Tricks To Improve Your Author Newsletter | David Gaughran“There is so much more you can do with author newsletter these days beyond simply telling your fans that you have a new book.”
- Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic ❤️ Adan’s PhotoPoems 💕PhotoPoem sayings 💕 Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic – “We are mirrors…”
- On the Way to the Cantina by Tiffany Arp Daleo 😊“She often writes that she paints intuitively, from the heart, finding any suggestion of image within her process itself, an amazing feat I “sometimes” feel I pull off 😏 ”
- In the Egg # 2 by Francisco Bravo CabreraFrancisco is an exceptionally prolific artist, with work that ranges from lush to whimsical or elegant.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html