My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Varnishing & Preparing Paintings ❤️
The day remained dreary and grey and wet all day, so stayed in for most of my walks and spent the rest of the time enjoying working with my art 😊 Above is Yellow Blooms and I decided to give it a coat of varnish. Seems to have brought the floral motif out against the background even better! It’s scheduled to be delivered for a Creative Arts Society show at Path Salon next week. Now it’s ready-ready 😊
Except for a few more touches, and possibly eventually varnishing it, Floating Blooms is about done I think!
It’s amazing to me, seeing it today as the light finally shifts from dreary cloudy to bright blue cool, how the colors change as the light varies, bringing out differing colors and even moods. My work’s always been kinda like that, even painting straight from the tube, because of the layering. But now, adding glazes to the mix, the image is literally alive in the light!
My new reblog today is the main article I found that drove me wholeheartedly into experimenting more with glazes, and without giving up my love for texture in other applications, on the same painting! Nice! ❤️
The Road to Lost Maples, circa 2004 oil, is one of two pieces (the other is below) Sheila’s taking to Buda today to a new shop on Main St in Buda just south of Austin.
Our youngest girl is leading a redevelopment for the owner into converting several adjoining warehouses into what’s hoped to become a combination gift shop, restaurant, and “maybe” night spot. Right now the goal’s getting the merchandise option up and viable, and that looks very promising right now!
Lost Maples itself is a true gem, a geologically unique vestige of Texas “way” before it was Texas, lol! Considered and structured as a Natural Area vs a state park, the goal is to preserve that precious heritage 💕
And above is Country Barn. Titled to be any barn in Central Texas, it’s from a photo I took meandering down Hwy 71 from Austin to Columbus, back when one could meander that road, lol! This painting is circa 2007 😊 I’ve a panorama photo version of one of the photos of this spot on Fine Art America – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/between-la-grange-and-columbus-texas-hwy-71-panorama-circa-2007-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
That’s it for today from yesterday – thanks so much everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
- October 13, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 2Recently I posted 3 other canvas paintings I’ve been working on, and here I’m showing the 2 I’d mentioned in that post but didn’t have photo captures of yet. Both are 18×24 on canvas, with light molding paste from Golden, but, at this stage applied slightly differently.
- October 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Long Covid Presentation with Patrick McKeown (YouTube)My biggest take away from Patrick McKeown’s hour and a half YouTube presentation (a recorded Zoom session) is how gentle and doable it can be for most of us to go as slow as we need, and we’ll get there – “there” being better easier healthier breathing and as a result, the potential for a happier better life.
- October 11, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 1And the 3 images above do not include 2 more 18×24 semi-abstract semi-figure works, lol! Which is great for my painting and fitness interests, but leaving me a tiny bit in the lurch blogging-time wise – but – with a wealth of new material, well, materializing 😊 It’s my intent to have a blog post for each of these images here plus the two not shown 🤞
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html