Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
I’ve no real idea how I’ll proceed or for how long with this series, but today’s post, after my series beginner yesterday, I’ve promised myself will be short 😊
After yesterday’s rainy day, today’s promising to be clear, cool, and a rare treat. I hope to do a little painting, get another exercise video in via SilverSneakers huge (free) selection on FB, and, take my last antibiotic for my sinus/throat infection.
My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol! Never had half a minute seem so darn long! And I do both the shin and calf stretches for both legs, oh boy, two minutes! 😂 I had to search through a variety of links til I found the ones I liked, so here’s the search link, lots of options! 😊 https://www.google.com/search?q=stretches+shin+splint&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari .
I think that’s all for today. I can feel the pull from yesterday’s 30 min total body fitness via SilverSneakers, and we’re doing a now very rare outing to Walgreens. People are being almost consistently considerate with each other re social distancing thank goodness. Eventually we may all need (and be able to, ha ha – no supplies) to wear face masks going out. Research is saying (link below), yes, the main masks doctors and nurses need are the “effective” ones, esp in blocking virus particles below a certain size, but droplets out among other folks in daily interaction can also be effectively blocked or muted with regular masks.
Once again, it wasn’t an either / or (or nor 😏) choice, but what kind for what situation.
Kinda like choosing a color or brush in art.
Or life 😊
Stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, 12 minute read (as per Medium, the website) on mask usage during this crisis – https://medium.com/@Cancerwarrior/covid-19-why-we-should-all-wear-masks-there-is-new-scientific-rationale-280e08ceee71
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 20, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Paris Dreams (Dreaming of Paris)I’m very grateful to my buyer at the Old Bakery & Emporium in Austin Texas! 🙏 With as few months as the Old Bakery’s been reopen, and all the precautions needed to be taken recently here in Austin, it’s a miracle to be able to share my art a this time 💕
- October 19, 2021 – Turning 71 Feels Like Turning on the Spigots!I’ve meandered around what to write for my birthday post this year, probably reflecting not exactly the chaos (though there’s enough of that, lol!) but the whirl of activity in my life right now – fitness activities, art – of all kind, family, and the stutteringly slow but certain shift from unbearable 6 month summer in Austin to, well, breathable walkable art-doable weather ❤️ Weatherman says the weekend days’ highs into my birthday (Tuesday) are the coolest temps since mid-April. That’s a very long time, lol! 😅
- October 18, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 3, 1st Completed Work of 5 – “Playtime, Mother and Child”I’m also breaking a bit of tradition in terms of my routine and going ahead and posting my completed image, not as good a resolution etc as I’d like (yet), and also not yet uploaded to Fine Art America. It’s simply a time choice. Paint and create. Or paint less but massage the photo capture & upload to FAA more. It’s not really a win-lose thing.
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html