Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
I’ve no real idea how I’ll proceed or for how long with this series, but today’s post, after my series beginner yesterday, I’ve promised myself will be short 😊
After yesterday’s rainy day, today’s promising to be clear, cool, and a rare treat. I hope to do a little painting, get another exercise video in via SilverSneakers huge (free) selection on FB, and, take my last antibiotic for my sinus/throat infection.
My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol! Never had half a minute seem so darn long! And I do both the shin and calf stretches for both legs, oh boy, two minutes! 😂 I had to search through a variety of links til I found the ones I liked, so here’s the search link, lots of options! 😊 https://www.google.com/search?q=stretches+shin+splint&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari .
I think that’s all for today. I can feel the pull from yesterday’s 30 min total body fitness via SilverSneakers, and we’re doing a now very rare outing to Walgreens. People are being almost consistently considerate with each other re social distancing thank goodness. Eventually we may all need (and be able to, ha ha – no supplies) to wear face masks going out. Research is saying (link below), yes, the main masks doctors and nurses need are the “effective” ones, esp in blocking virus particles below a certain size, but droplets out among other folks in daily interaction can also be effectively blocked or muted with regular masks.
Once again, it wasn’t an either / or (or nor 😏) choice, but what kind for what situation.
Kinda like choosing a color or brush in art.
Or life 😊
Stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, 12 minute read (as per Medium, the website) on mask usage during this crisis – https://medium.com/@Cancerwarrior/covid-19-why-we-should-all-wear-masks-there-is-new-scientific-rationale-280e08ceee71
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html