Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Entropy and a Detour
Had planned a short post explaining why I haven’t written a post for several days and it’s morphed into a long hopefully important post of things I’ve come to conclusions about re what Covid-19 is beginning to mean to me beyond any one of us could get ill and/or die.
I’m going to work on it bit by bit. I want to add links and other stuff explaining my obviously very limited view of what this virus is beginning to mean to me.
In a sense, these are ideas that’ve been floating within me for awhile, in terms of importance – health & fitness, the environment, the economy, our democracy. And yes, I know the US is a Republic, but it is also a democracy. ❤️
Anyway, I fell into a sort of deep entropy. Not quite a stupor or coma, lol! I did do a few preliminary figure sketches on some absorbent ground 6×6 canvases. Walked with my wife to 7500+ steps nearly each day. Practiced a few live SilverSneaks classes. And read. A lot.
So I had a lot to absorb. Am absorbing.
There was a lot of information, Art & virus related, I needed to process into something of a working framework for my life, and I think I’ve climbed onto at least a temporary shelf or plateau, like a mesa in those gorgeous vistas of our western United States 😊
I did sell a couple of prints so far via my $1 only markup at Fine Art America.
Plus I was selected by Creative Arts Society here in Austin for their featured artist for May!
I’ll have more on that soon. Plus I want to resume posting my images from Fine Art America that I’d started beginning with my 1st in early 2016, and working my way toward the nearly 800 images I have now on that site 👩🎨
Hopefully everyone’s doing well, being creative, and playing it safe as is reasonable for you 💕
It’s good to be out of my entropic funk, lol!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Easy Morning – New Watercolor #FigureArt on Absorbent Ground, May 2020Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground 6×6 gallery wrap canvas #figureart My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊 I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html