Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Entropy and a Detour
Had planned a short post explaining why I haven’t written a post for several days and it’s morphed into a long hopefully important post of things I’ve come to conclusions about re what Covid-19 is beginning to mean to me beyond any one of us could get ill and/or die.
I’m going to work on it bit by bit. I want to add links and other stuff explaining my obviously very limited view of what this virus is beginning to mean to me.
In a sense, these are ideas that’ve been floating within me for awhile, in terms of importance – health & fitness, the environment, the economy, our democracy. And yes, I know the US is a Republic, but it is also a democracy. ❤️
Anyway, I fell into a sort of deep entropy. Not quite a stupor or coma, lol! I did do a few preliminary figure sketches on some absorbent ground 6×6 canvases. Walked with my wife to 7500+ steps nearly each day. Practiced a few live SilverSneaks classes. And read. A lot.
So I had a lot to absorb. Am absorbing.
There was a lot of information, Art & virus related, I needed to process into something of a working framework for my life, and I think I’ve climbed onto at least a temporary shelf or plateau, like a mesa in those gorgeous vistas of our western United States 😊
I did sell a couple of prints so far via my $1 only markup at Fine Art America.
Plus I was selected by Creative Arts Society here in Austin for their featured artist for May!
I’ll have more on that soon. Plus I want to resume posting my images from Fine Art America that I’d started beginning with my 1st in early 2016, and working my way toward the nearly 800 images I have now on that site 👩🎨
Hopefully everyone’s doing well, being creative, and playing it safe as is reasonable for you 💕
It’s good to be out of my entropic funk, lol!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 22, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper; 1st Paint Lay-in with Masking FluidAt 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, I was able to use my brushes fairly effectively where I wanted them, and applied some Turner masking fluid (with a thin palette knife) “fairly” easy. And yes, some foot proportions are off a bit, lol, and her back blouse almost looks like it’s the front, but all in not too bad toward my primary priority – quickly achieve some degree of dappling look. Once the masking fluid comes off though, it could be very different….
- September 21, 2021 – Initial Review of “Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art” by James NestorI’d been doing a day to day posting of a continuing study-sketch project with figures in a watercolor landscape and ran into a time roadblock – grandchild, groceries, fitness (walking, yoga, Essentrics), picking up line art to practice-paint at my printer, etc 😊 and wasn’t able to wiggle any more time to work on that project and write about it, so… I took a deep breath and picked up a book (virtually, via my Kindle Reader, lol!) The editorial reviews often mentioned this read like a novel & my intro and beginning pages already confirm that.
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html