Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Watercolor Landscape – Fall Colors 1
Well, I was gonna do a short piece about pollution and Covid-19, but was working on my 2nd watercolor on white absorbent ground yesterday and today and decided it was well enough done to post it and talk a little ‘bout that, lol! 😊
My prev watercolors colors on white absorbent ground in quite awhile was a few days ago, Dancing Between the Lines.
One of my biggest challenges painting colors (vs white gouache on black transparent ground) poked it’s head up ‘bout 3/4 way through declaring Fall Colors 1 Watercolor done — not stopping!
It’s not that what I’m declaring “done” 😏 is bad, or not good, I like it, a lot, no, it’s that I lost some effects I really liked. So, next time, I’ll see if I can more readily accept when something’s ‘bout where I can get it, without having to transform it then into something I have to get to, if that makes sense ☺️
That goal seems so much easier for me when painting white on black. Maybe ‘cause there’s so many less moving parts (colors, and their values).
But I won’t give up. Haven’t yet, so don’t plan to now ❤️
This is just a bit more scratchy than the actual painting, but close enough to give the idea.
My 1st mistake (place I didn’t stop) was when the basic colors and shapes were in, and I added sorta-tree lines. Yes, they do add some sense of place and distance, but for me, not enough to have lost the feel it had before then. Just a choice mainly.
I tried lifting some of the tree lines, and was able to for quite a few, especially in the bottom half and lower portion of the orange-reds. That though, muddied some really nice patterning in the lower half, and broke up the patterning in the orange-reds, again for me, a bit more than I liked.
Working the yellows and whites back in to neutralize the mud I created helped a lot.
This crop view gives a better idea what I had.
The colors are still pretty good, and I didn’t have to muddy the picture as much as the bottom getting rid of too much vertical lines.
I’ll try again though, lol, hopefully tomorrow 💕
Stay well everyone! 😊
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
- April 05, 2021 – Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – Shout Out to Office Depot: Free Laminating of Our CDC Vaccination Record; Plus Playtime with Grandchild; and New Volleyball Image UploadStay well everyone! Good-night! Work and play as able / as needed – it’s our juggling game of life ♥️
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html