Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Watercolor Landscape – Fall Colors 1
Well, I was gonna do a short piece about pollution and Covid-19, but was working on my 2nd watercolor on white absorbent ground yesterday and today and decided it was well enough done to post it and talk a little ‘bout that, lol! 😊
My prev watercolors colors on white absorbent ground in quite awhile was a few days ago, Dancing Between the Lines.
One of my biggest challenges painting colors (vs white gouache on black transparent ground) poked it’s head up ‘bout 3/4 way through declaring Fall Colors 1 Watercolor done — not stopping!
It’s not that what I’m declaring “done” 😏 is bad, or not good, I like it, a lot, no, it’s that I lost some effects I really liked. So, next time, I’ll see if I can more readily accept when something’s ‘bout where I can get it, without having to transform it then into something I have to get to, if that makes sense ☺️
That goal seems so much easier for me when painting white on black. Maybe ‘cause there’s so many less moving parts (colors, and their values).
But I won’t give up. Haven’t yet, so don’t plan to now ❤️
This is just a bit more scratchy than the actual painting, but close enough to give the idea.
My 1st mistake (place I didn’t stop) was when the basic colors and shapes were in, and I added sorta-tree lines. Yes, they do add some sense of place and distance, but for me, not enough to have lost the feel it had before then. Just a choice mainly.
I tried lifting some of the tree lines, and was able to for quite a few, especially in the bottom half and lower portion of the orange-reds. That though, muddied some really nice patterning in the lower half, and broke up the patterning in the orange-reds, again for me, a bit more than I liked.
Working the yellows and whites back in to neutralize the mud I created helped a lot.
This crop view gives a better idea what I had.
The colors are still pretty good, and I didn’t have to muddy the picture as much as the bottom getting rid of too much vertical lines.
I’ll try again though, lol, hopefully tomorrow 💕
Stay well everyone! 😊
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Easy Morning – New Watercolor #FigureArt on Absorbent Ground, May 2020Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground 6×6 gallery wrap canvas #figureart My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊 I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html