Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
White Black Absorbent Ground Watercolor 6x6s Early May 2020
Dancing Between the Lines
I missed posting yesterday, don’t remember why, lol, but I was working on the small painting below, Dancing Between the Lines.
It doesn’t have the sparse clean contrast of my previous 3 watercolors on black absorbent ground. This also is on white absorbent ground and my challenges are very different. More colors, harder (for me) to create value contrast, something I’m determined to work on.
But I do like expressiveness, and the real life work is much softer, the evening light I shot this in of course being very different in its slant, but still gives a good rendition of the work itself.
And my wife likes it, more so than the 3 BW works done previously.
I like both styles. But am feeling myself pulled more and more often to the black ground and the way I can make the white gouache stand out or be quite subtle.
Either way, I very much liking doing figure work again more steadily, something I did more of in the 80s with acrylics, then moved on from because I couldn’t quite get the form-feel I wanted, like I had with plain charcoal on paper way back then.
I think that’s one of the things I’m beginning to see, working with watercolor, and especially so on black absorbent ground with white watercolor gouache, it’s beginning to feel and remind me of some of what I felt then, early to late 80s, over 30 years ago!
With charcoal I could easily erase, even if it left a “cloud” of sorts at times. Same thing seems to occur with white watercolor gouache on black absorbent ground, even though I hadn’t made that connection till today!
Also both means of imaging remained strongly BW, even if to degrees. And both allowed me to do my more favorite renditions of figure work – expressive, suggestive.
And that, is something I do want to pay attention to 😊
Maybe even part of why I chose Little Steps Poster as my Covid series heading image to start with! ❤️
Stay well everyone! An intense challenge as folks start moving around again – wishing us all well in our national experiment, lol! Plus prayers for all for whom, even the small deflecting humor is not something possible, myself included at times 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
[…] lol! 😊 My prev watercolors colors on white absorbent ground in quite awhile was a few days ago, Dancing Between the Lines.One of my biggest challenges painting colors (vs white gouache on black transparent ground) poked […]
LikeLiked by 1 person