I won’t go into a lot of why or details right now, after tons of years, I’ve finally come to the point I’m willing to force myself to create a newsletter, lol, other than saying it’s Covid $ related, as one can expect 😊, but I do want feedback from fellow artists, writers, and creatives in general, as to things to watch out for, look for to have, and if a newsletter has made a real impact on sales.
Going by David Gaughran’s excellent series comparing Mailchimp to MailerLite, I’m leaning toward the latter – https://davidgaughran.com/?s=MailerLite .
My primary goal is to offer exclusive to newsletter-readers-only deals on my art.
I mean real deals.
Like under a $100 and often at cost or below.
I’ve been working on my “art room” since early last week, and I need room, and money, to be able to create new work.
I’m thinking these “deals” would not be advertised anywhere else, only on my newsletter, and only to actual subscribers.
So. I need feedback.
On the whole thing. The Mailchimp vs MailerLite question – selling art work via exclusive newsletter only offerings – and whether a newsletter has been worth it at all for you.
I have few to near no original art selling options at this time. Neither galleries, gift shops, art shows, craft shows.
Fine Art America helps, but not enough, and not in a way I’d want to target both older paintings and new work I’d be willing to “let go” for a very good feels-great-to-the-buyer price right now.
And eBay is too wide-spread and non-exclusive enough for this I think.
For decades a story about Monet having to make a decision very much like this has haunted me. And I figure if an artist like that can do it, let work go whatever it takes to sell it, well…. 😊
I’m hoping to start the newsletter late this week or next –
Thank ya’ll so much! Stay well ❤️
ps – I took the self portrait header shot with my camera set on a tripod w/a timer. I think it’s time and place of meaning has arrived 😊
My Fine Art America newsletter series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html