I won’t go into a lot of why or details right now, after tons of years, I’ve finally come to the point I’m willing to force myself to create a newsletter, lol, other than saying it’s Covid $ related, as one can expect 😊, but I do want feedback from fellow artists, writers, and creatives in general, as to things to watch out for, look for to have, and if a newsletter has made a real impact on sales.
Going by David Gaughran’s excellent series comparing Mailchimp to MailerLite, I’m leaning toward the latter – https://davidgaughran.com/?s=MailerLite .
My primary goal is to offer exclusive to newsletter-readers-only deals on my art.
I mean real deals.
Like under a $100 and often at cost or below.
I’ve been working on my “art room” since early last week, and I need room, and money, to be able to create new work.
I’m thinking these “deals” would not be advertised anywhere else, only on my newsletter, and only to actual subscribers.
So. I need feedback.
On the whole thing. The Mailchimp vs MailerLite question – selling art work via exclusive newsletter only offerings – and whether a newsletter has been worth it at all for you.
I have few to near no original art selling options at this time. Neither galleries, gift shops, art shows, craft shows.
Fine Art America helps, but not enough, and not in a way I’d want to target both older paintings and new work I’d be willing to “let go” for a very good feels-great-to-the-buyer price right now.
And eBay is too wide-spread and non-exclusive enough for this I think.
For decades a story about Monet having to make a decision very much like this has haunted me. And I figure if an artist like that can do it, let work go whatever it takes to sell it, well…. 😊
I’m hoping to start the newsletter late this week or next –
Thank ya’ll so much! Stay well ❤️
ps – I took the self portrait header shot with my camera set on a tripod w/a timer. I think it’s time and place of meaning has arrived 😊
My Fine Art America newsletter series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.4.1“Their exhausted satisfaction with their day at the art festival, left Rosetta and Arturo surprisingly wanting, needing, their own personal exhaustion, with each other.“
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.3“Crying for movement, his body ached for down time from the active stillness of painting.”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 15 – Yoga Creativity and Awareness, Digital Art circa 2016“I’d very much begun to think ‘digital’ was the way for me to go by this time in early 2016, but I’d both begun to see my technical limitations and feel a growing reluctance within myself to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.2“Arturo began to search for an emerging wholeness in the images.“
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html