I won’t go into a lot of why or details right now, after tons of years, I’ve finally come to the point I’m willing to force myself to create a newsletter, lol, other than saying it’s Covid $ related, as one can expect 😊, but I do want feedback from fellow artists, writers, and creatives in general, as to things to watch out for, look for to have, and if a newsletter has made a real impact on sales.
Going by David Gaughran’s excellent series comparing Mailchimp to MailerLite, I’m leaning toward the latter – https://davidgaughran.com/?s=MailerLite .
My primary goal is to offer exclusive to newsletter-readers-only deals on my art.
I mean real deals.
Like under a $100 and often at cost or below.
I’ve been working on my “art room” since early last week, and I need room, and money, to be able to create new work.
I’m thinking these “deals” would not be advertised anywhere else, only on my newsletter, and only to actual subscribers.
So. I need feedback.
On the whole thing. The Mailchimp vs MailerLite question – selling art work via exclusive newsletter only offerings – and whether a newsletter has been worth it at all for you.
I have few to near no original art selling options at this time. Neither galleries, gift shops, art shows, craft shows.
Fine Art America helps, but not enough, and not in a way I’d want to target both older paintings and new work I’d be willing to “let go” for a very good feels-great-to-the-buyer price right now.
And eBay is too wide-spread and non-exclusive enough for this I think.
For decades a story about Monet having to make a decision very much like this has haunted me. And I figure if an artist like that can do it, let work go whatever it takes to sell it, well…. 😊
I’m hoping to start the newsletter late this week or next –
Thank ya’ll so much! Stay well ❤️
ps – I took the self portrait header shot with my camera set on a tripod w/a timer. I think it’s time and place of meaning has arrived 😊
My Fine Art America newsletter series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html