I won’t go into a lot of why or details right now, after tons of years, I’ve finally come to the point I’m willing to force myself to create a newsletter, lol, other than saying it’s Covid $ related, as one can expect 😊, but I do want feedback from fellow artists, writers, and creatives in general, as to things to watch out for, look for to have, and if a newsletter has made a real impact on sales.
Going by David Gaughran’s excellent series comparing Mailchimp to MailerLite, I’m leaning toward the latter – https://davidgaughran.com/?s=MailerLite .
My primary goal is to offer exclusive to newsletter-readers-only deals on my art.
I mean real deals.
Like under a $100 and often at cost or below.
I’ve been working on my “art room” since early last week, and I need room, and money, to be able to create new work.
I’m thinking these “deals” would not be advertised anywhere else, only on my newsletter, and only to actual subscribers.
So. I need feedback.
On the whole thing. The Mailchimp vs MailerLite question – selling art work via exclusive newsletter only offerings – and whether a newsletter has been worth it at all for you.
I have few to near no original art selling options at this time. Neither galleries, gift shops, art shows, craft shows.
Fine Art America helps, but not enough, and not in a way I’d want to target both older paintings and new work I’d be willing to “let go” for a very good feels-great-to-the-buyer price right now.
And eBay is too wide-spread and non-exclusive enough for this I think.
For decades a story about Monet having to make a decision very much like this has haunted me. And I figure if an artist like that can do it, let work go whatever it takes to sell it, well…. 😊
I’m hoping to start the newsletter late this week or next –
Thank ya’ll so much! Stay well ❤️
ps – I took the self portrait header shot with my camera set on a tripod w/a timer. I think it’s time and place of meaning has arrived 😊
My Fine Art America newsletter series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Elle Justine @only1elle #PoetArtist“My sample above is, for me, quite haunting….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.4“Only the colorful cows on canvases, t-shirts, and life size embellished sculptures reminded him of Texas, but not of his own art….”
- Skydancer the Book, By Our Daughter, Tania, Now Available in Spanish! – Bailarina del cieloMany of my readers are familiar with my posts detailing our youngest daughter’s readings and book adventures with her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer! It’s now is also available in Spanish in a beautifully produced paper edition – Bailarina del cielo – Ballerina of the Sky!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.3“‘It’s a new visual language for me,’ he told Rosetta at a local artists’ show….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.2“Arturo keenly felt an absence in his new work.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html