Last week I posted about a surprising and welcome, first time in a year, opportunity to show a bit of my art work to the public at a newly renovated 1800s historical location just south of Austin, Buda Mercantile. I set up a display on a large beautiful wood table (I must remember to take a pic this coming weekend if it works out) that puts a nice distance between myself and folks coming in to browse and buy.
My Austin pink sunset image, #1 viewed on my Fine Art America site, again was a big draw and seller. No big surprise and very grateful to continue to see ❤️
What was surprising was the response to the display of my new 5×7 watercolor on absorbent ground. Set on a sturdy canvas panel, it’s a work I’d only recently finished and even more recently uploaded to Fine Art America – Paris Dreams 😊
Please click to like or share my tweet above, or to visit my blog post, please see –
Beyond mentioning how pretty the piece appeared to them, folks stared into the image, smiled, and commented about the color, confirmed it was the Eiffel Tower in the distance, and wondered about the woman – herself staring into the picture!
Very gratifying! 💕
And at $39 (free shipping to mainland U.S.), hopefully appealing enough to find a new home!
If not, well at least we know it’s as loved in public as it is here at home with us 😊
Paris has definitely stuck with us since our visit there eight years ago!
Below is my screenshot of Buda Mercantile’s Facebook page with lots of good info —
So hopefully I’ll again have good things to report after this coming weekend, in all probability my last live showing of 2020!
Meanwhile, as always, my wife & I wish us all happy safe holidays! 💕
My blog post series you might like 😊
My blog posts featuring Austin –
My blog posts featuring Paris –
My blog posts featuring my watercolors –
My blog posts featuring Buda Mercantile (new & growing series!) –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 26, 2021 – When Creativity and Chores Collide, lol!Well, it’s past 5pm, didn’t get to paint, but sure got more than a couple of handfuls of chores done, plus, a little touch of art.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.19.2“Arturo spread their warm worn blanket, thin but protecting, alongside the fold-out windbreak meant for the winds in winter.”
- January 25, 2021 – New Watercolor Upload to Fine Art America, Magenta MountainMagenta Mountain In a sign this is as good a rendition to other folks as to myself, I received two comments on Fine Art America within the hour of its posting!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.19.1“At the city’s boundary wall, they stopped, looked back at the lights of the hotel, held each other briefly with tenderness….”
- January 24, 2021 – Update on My “The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series”, It’s Nearing It’s Initial Run!My excerpt series from my novella, The Old American Artist, is nearing the end of its initial run!
- January 23, 2021 – Dr Fauci’s Update on Covid-19 Vaccines, There is Much HopeThe information is relatively basic, but immensely clarifying and reassuring, at least to my wife and I. We’re in our 70s, still haven’t been able to receive vaccinations, and this type of information is crucial in keeping us upbeat and hopeful, committed to continue eating and living healthy as we can ❤️
- January 22, 2021 – Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Jo Coyne @Jopolkadot #Inspirations via the Arts and NatureJo has long been an inspiration of surprises for me on Twitter. Partly, probably, because she shares from all the arts, plus so many grand and nuanced thinkers, plus, includes such interesting imagery 💕
Thanks again, everyone! 😊