Last week I posted about a surprising and welcome, first time in a year, opportunity to show a bit of my art work to the public at a newly renovated 1800s historical location just south of Austin, Buda Mercantile. I set up a display on a large beautiful wood table (I must remember to take a pic this coming weekend if it works out) that puts a nice distance between myself and folks coming in to browse and buy.
My Austin pink sunset image, #1 viewed on my Fine Art America site, again was a big draw and seller. No big surprise and very grateful to continue to see ❤️
What was surprising was the response to the display of my new 5×7 watercolor on absorbent ground. Set on a sturdy canvas panel, it’s a work I’d only recently finished and even more recently uploaded to Fine Art America – Paris Dreams 😊
Please click to like or share my tweet above, or to visit my blog post, please see –
Beyond mentioning how pretty the piece appeared to them, folks stared into the image, smiled, and commented about the color, confirmed it was the Eiffel Tower in the distance, and wondered about the woman – herself staring into the picture!
Very gratifying! 💕
And at $39 (free shipping to mainland U.S.), hopefully appealing enough to find a new home!
If not, well at least we know it’s as loved in public as it is here at home with us 😊
Paris has definitely stuck with us since our visit there eight years ago!
Below is my screenshot of Buda Mercantile’s Facebook page with lots of good info —
So hopefully I’ll again have good things to report after this coming weekend, in all probability my last live showing of 2020!
Meanwhile, as always, my wife & I wish us all happy safe holidays! 💕
My blog post series you might like 😊
My blog posts featuring Austin –
My blog posts featuring Paris –
My blog posts featuring my watercolors –
My blog posts featuring Buda Mercantile (new & growing series!) –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 05, 2022 – Small But Welcome 4th of July Celebrations from Our New Location at #TheLadyBird #AustinTexasThat I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out –
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊