Last week I posted about a surprising and welcome, first time in a year, opportunity to show a bit of my art work to the public at a newly renovated 1800s historical location just south of Austin, Buda Mercantile. I set up a display on a large beautiful wood table (I must remember to take a pic this coming weekend if it works out) that puts a nice distance between myself and folks coming in to browse and buy.
My Austin pink sunset image, #1 viewed on my Fine Art America site, again was a big draw and seller. No big surprise and very grateful to continue to see ❤️
What was surprising was the response to the display of my new 5×7 watercolor on absorbent ground. Set on a sturdy canvas panel, it’s a work I’d only recently finished and even more recently uploaded to Fine Art America – Paris Dreams 😊
Please click to like or share my tweet above, or to visit my blog post, please see –
Beyond mentioning how pretty the piece appeared to them, folks stared into the image, smiled, and commented about the color, confirmed it was the Eiffel Tower in the distance, and wondered about the woman – herself staring into the picture!
Very gratifying! 💕
And at $39 (free shipping to mainland U.S.), hopefully appealing enough to find a new home!
If not, well at least we know it’s as loved in public as it is here at home with us 😊
Paris has definitely stuck with us since our visit there eight years ago!
Below is my screenshot of Buda Mercantile’s Facebook page with lots of good info —
So hopefully I’ll again have good things to report after this coming weekend, in all probability my last live showing of 2020!
Meanwhile, as always, my wife & I wish us all happy safe holidays! 💕
My blog post series you might like 😊
My blog posts featuring Austin –
My blog posts featuring Paris –
My blog posts featuring my watercolors –
My blog posts featuring Buda Mercantile (new & growing series!) –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 10, 2021 – Volleyball Kill Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmerica5th of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Kill, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊