What started with a surprise print sale at Buda Mercantile recently turned into a safe-distancing, masked opportunity to both paint on the spot and sell a couple more prints this past Saturday!
Our youngest girl, Tania, herself author of the illustrated children’s book, Skydancer, provided point with her close friend, Bebe, for the remodeling of this grand 1898 structure in the heart of Buda, a small town just south of Austin. Bebe, in turn, is a prime organizer of the Christmas Bazaar Sheila and I enjoyed showing in so much last Christmas at Donn’s Depot (pics and video here).
Links should be active in above tweet for info on getting Tania’s beautifully illustrated book. Plus the live link to my blog post is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2019/07/22/fun-reading-of-skydancer-by-tania-marie-degregorio-at-lady-bird-johnson-wildflower-center-austin-😊/
Hopefully these two enterprising ladies, plus shops like Buda Mercantile and The Old Bakery & Emporium, the latter both historical structures here in the Austin area hosting local artisans of all modes of art, will be back up and running full speed later next year 💕
Above is a screen shot w/lots of info how to contact Buda Mercantile.
Their Facebook link, https://m.facebook.com/budamercantile/ also has a link, seen bottom of pic above ( “Send Message” ) which I’m told is also a good way to reach the folks there.
So, what did “I” sell recently at Buda Mercantile. Well, one large print of my popular digital rendition of Lady Bird Lake via Lookout Point, a small print of my very popular pink Austin sunset, and one of mine and my wife’s original gift writings, If Mom’s Were. And, almost sold two of my 2000s Hill Country impressionist paintings – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2019/12/11/my-yesterday-in-pictures-for-dec-10-2019-😊/
Above painting is a scene off Hwy 71 heading to Columbus from Austin, and the scene below is on the road to Lost Maples in the Texas Hill Country ♥️
Both works are 18×24 inches framed.
And both art works are available at “very” special holiday pricing at the Buda Mercantile!
Just ask for Natalie, or one of the other helpful folk there 😊
So hopefully I’ll have good things to report after next weekend also, and meanwhile wish everyone happy safe holidays! 💕
My blog post series you might like 😊
My blog posts featuring Tania and her book, Skydancer –
My blog posts featuring Old Bakery & Emporium –
My blog posts featuring Buda Mercantile (new & growing series!) –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊