I couldn’t decide what I’d write today!
I’m literally flooded with ideas and projects and inspirations for my art!
I’m honestly realistically hopeful Sheila and I’ll get our virus vaccines before it’s too late!
And I’m seeing it in the faces of folks all around me! The TV anchors, drivers on the road, people in the grocery store, old friends calling!
And there can only be one reason – other than we’re one day closer to Valentines Day, my wife’s fav ❤️ —
A new day has risen for America! For all of us who want it.
And that’s worth writing about 😊
Or singing about 🎶 —
Here’s Lady Gaga singing the national anthem at the inauguration, it stunned me with its authenticity and power and feeling of witnessing the dawn of our flag still flying after horrific battle —
For more pictures from yesterday’s Inauguration Day please see my post from yesterday 😊
For more of my posts are the run up to and past the 2020 election, please see –
For Me Personally
I’d already been cranking up my hopes starting on Election Day 2020, lol, but yesterday, well, it was like a cannon shot into a sky of better days! 💕
I woke this morning in the earlier range of my 5-6 am usual time, wanted to paint, but it was still dark and I didn’t wanna set up what I’d need to in order to paint without natural light, so I did this —
I did pen and ink sketches!
I’ve been doing some of Paris scenes, flowers, landscapes, a few figures, and as per above – butterflies. This is 4 of about 12 I did this morning on 6×9 acid free watercolor paper.
I haven’t decided which I’ll do washes on, or which I’ll watercolor or gouache or acrylic.
But each time I do even one of these pen and ink sketches, it gets me thinking.
Creatively that is 😊
What did I like via the wider softer ink pen lines vs the thinner sharper lines? Same with ink intensity – pale to sharp? Which should I make a template of, ’cause I might like to do a bunch of variations?
Some I use old drawings or images in public domain, and some I use my own original photo work, like the Butterflies below.
Some of those images, like the one below, I captured at Becker Vineyards here in the Texas Hill Country. Others I found during a Butterfly festival here in Austin. And some were right in my backyard when we lived closer in to town by Lady Bird Lake. And of course there’s the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and a few gorgeous shots from Vermont and Costa Rica.
For more of my butterfly images, please visit my gallery page at Fine Art America –
Below, are a few more acrylic Heart paintings I’ve done ‘tween yesterday and today, all on 6×9 acid free paper. They’re of the style and format I sold a couple of last Saturday at Buda Mercantile ❤️
As you can tell, I’m still very much exploring this avenue, finding/searching for ways to make them look and feel better to me, where they’re attractive yet have textural or design details I also very much like.
‘Course, sometimes a painting feels very attractive me, and I don’t yet know, or know for awhile, why….
Frustrating, but also kind of the fun of it.
When creativity’s showing me something, and I don’t know what yet ☺️
And that, for me, I can tell you, releases a lot of energy ❤️
Take care everyone! I’m very hopeful! 😊
If not in sales (yet), definitely in terms of being/staying creative —
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊