I couldn’t decide what I’d write today!
I’m literally flooded with ideas and projects and inspirations for my art!
I’m honestly realistically hopeful Sheila and I’ll get our virus vaccines before it’s too late!
And I’m seeing it in the faces of folks all around me! The TV anchors, drivers on the road, people in the grocery store, old friends calling!
And there can only be one reason – other than we’re one day closer to Valentines Day, my wife’s fav ❤️ —
A new day has risen for America! For all of us who want it.
And that’s worth writing about 😊
Or singing about 🎶 —
Here’s Lady Gaga singing the national anthem at the inauguration, it stunned me with its authenticity and power and feeling of witnessing the dawn of our flag still flying after horrific battle —
For more pictures from yesterday’s Inauguration Day please see my post from yesterday 😊
For more of my posts are the run up to and past the 2020 election, please see –
For Me Personally
I’d already been cranking up my hopes starting on Election Day 2020, lol, but yesterday, well, it was like a cannon shot into a sky of better days! 💕
I woke this morning in the earlier range of my 5-6 am usual time, wanted to paint, but it was still dark and I didn’t wanna set up what I’d need to in order to paint without natural light, so I did this —
I did pen and ink sketches!
I’ve been doing some of Paris scenes, flowers, landscapes, a few figures, and as per above – butterflies. This is 4 of about 12 I did this morning on 6×9 acid free watercolor paper.
I haven’t decided which I’ll do washes on, or which I’ll watercolor or gouache or acrylic.
But each time I do even one of these pen and ink sketches, it gets me thinking.
Creatively that is 😊
What did I like via the wider softer ink pen lines vs the thinner sharper lines? Same with ink intensity – pale to sharp? Which should I make a template of, ’cause I might like to do a bunch of variations?
Some I use old drawings or images in public domain, and some I use my own original photo work, like the Butterflies below.
Some of those images, like the one below, I captured at Becker Vineyards here in the Texas Hill Country. Others I found during a Butterfly festival here in Austin. And some were right in my backyard when we lived closer in to town by Lady Bird Lake. And of course there’s the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and a few gorgeous shots from Vermont and Costa Rica.
For more of my butterfly images, please visit my gallery page at Fine Art America –
Below, are a few more acrylic Heart paintings I’ve done ‘tween yesterday and today, all on 6×9 acid free paper. They’re of the style and format I sold a couple of last Saturday at Buda Mercantile ❤️
As you can tell, I’m still very much exploring this avenue, finding/searching for ways to make them look and feel better to me, where they’re attractive yet have textural or design details I also very much like.
‘Course, sometimes a painting feels very attractive me, and I don’t yet know, or know for awhile, why….
Frustrating, but also kind of the fun of it.
When creativity’s showing me something, and I don’t know what yet ☺️
And that, for me, I can tell you, releases a lot of energy ❤️
Take care everyone! I’m very hopeful! 😊
If not in sales (yet), definitely in terms of being/staying creative —
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 05, 2022 – Small But Welcome 4th of July Celebrations from Our New Location at #TheLadyBird #AustinTexasThat I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out –
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊