I couldn’t decide what I’d write today!
I’m literally flooded with ideas and projects and inspirations for my art!
I’m honestly realistically hopeful Sheila and I’ll get our virus vaccines before it’s too late!
And I’m seeing it in the faces of folks all around me! The TV anchors, drivers on the road, people in the grocery store, old friends calling!
And there can only be one reason – other than we’re one day closer to Valentines Day, my wife’s fav ❤️ —
A new day has risen for America! For all of us who want it.
And that’s worth writing about 😊
Or singing about 🎶 —
Here’s Lady Gaga singing the national anthem at the inauguration, it stunned me with its authenticity and power and feeling of witnessing the dawn of our flag still flying after horrific battle —
For more pictures from yesterday’s Inauguration Day please see my post from yesterday 😊
For more of my posts are the run up to and past the 2020 election, please see –
For Me Personally
I’d already been cranking up my hopes starting on Election Day 2020, lol, but yesterday, well, it was like a cannon shot into a sky of better days! 💕
I woke this morning in the earlier range of my 5-6 am usual time, wanted to paint, but it was still dark and I didn’t wanna set up what I’d need to in order to paint without natural light, so I did this —
I did pen and ink sketches!
I’ve been doing some of Paris scenes, flowers, landscapes, a few figures, and as per above – butterflies. This is 4 of about 12 I did this morning on 6×9 acid free watercolor paper.
I haven’t decided which I’ll do washes on, or which I’ll watercolor or gouache or acrylic.
But each time I do even one of these pen and ink sketches, it gets me thinking.
Creatively that is 😊
What did I like via the wider softer ink pen lines vs the thinner sharper lines? Same with ink intensity – pale to sharp? Which should I make a template of, ’cause I might like to do a bunch of variations?
Some I use old drawings or images in public domain, and some I use my own original photo work, like the Butterflies below.
Some of those images, like the one below, I captured at Becker Vineyards here in the Texas Hill Country. Others I found during a Butterfly festival here in Austin. And some were right in my backyard when we lived closer in to town by Lady Bird Lake. And of course there’s the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and a few gorgeous shots from Vermont and Costa Rica.
For more of my butterfly images, please visit my gallery page at Fine Art America –
Below, are a few more acrylic Heart paintings I’ve done ‘tween yesterday and today, all on 6×9 acid free paper. They’re of the style and format I sold a couple of last Saturday at Buda Mercantile ❤️
As you can tell, I’m still very much exploring this avenue, finding/searching for ways to make them look and feel better to me, where they’re attractive yet have textural or design details I also very much like.
‘Course, sometimes a painting feels very attractive me, and I don’t yet know, or know for awhile, why….
Frustrating, but also kind of the fun of it.
When creativity’s showing me something, and I don’t know what yet ☺️
And that, for me, I can tell you, releases a lot of energy ❤️
Take care everyone! I’m very hopeful! 😊
If not in sales (yet), definitely in terms of being/staying creative —
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Morning View Walk in a Light RainI left off our car at a shop we’re trying out near our place for numerous routine minor stuff and walked the short distance back. Luckily I had an umbrella….
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊