I couldn’t decide what I’d write today!
I’m literally flooded with ideas and projects and inspirations for my art!
I’m honestly realistically hopeful Sheila and I’ll get our virus vaccines before it’s too late!
And I’m seeing it in the faces of folks all around me! The TV anchors, drivers on the road, people in the grocery store, old friends calling!
And there can only be one reason – other than we’re one day closer to Valentines Day, my wife’s fav ❤️ —
A new day has risen for America! For all of us who want it.
And that’s worth writing about 😊
Or singing about 🎶 —
Here’s Lady Gaga singing the national anthem at the inauguration, it stunned me with its authenticity and power and feeling of witnessing the dawn of our flag still flying after horrific battle —
For more pictures from yesterday’s Inauguration Day please see my post from yesterday 😊
For more of my posts are the run up to and past the 2020 election, please see –
For Me Personally
I’d already been cranking up my hopes starting on Election Day 2020, lol, but yesterday, well, it was like a cannon shot into a sky of better days! 💕
I woke this morning in the earlier range of my 5-6 am usual time, wanted to paint, but it was still dark and I didn’t wanna set up what I’d need to in order to paint without natural light, so I did this —
I did pen and ink sketches!
I’ve been doing some of Paris scenes, flowers, landscapes, a few figures, and as per above – butterflies. This is 4 of about 12 I did this morning on 6×9 acid free watercolor paper.
I haven’t decided which I’ll do washes on, or which I’ll watercolor or gouache or acrylic.
But each time I do even one of these pen and ink sketches, it gets me thinking.
Creatively that is 😊
What did I like via the wider softer ink pen lines vs the thinner sharper lines? Same with ink intensity – pale to sharp? Which should I make a template of, ’cause I might like to do a bunch of variations?
Some I use old drawings or images in public domain, and some I use my own original photo work, like the Butterflies below.
Some of those images, like the one below, I captured at Becker Vineyards here in the Texas Hill Country. Others I found during a Butterfly festival here in Austin. And some were right in my backyard when we lived closer in to town by Lady Bird Lake. And of course there’s the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and a few gorgeous shots from Vermont and Costa Rica.
For more of my butterfly images, please visit my gallery page at Fine Art America –
Below, are a few more acrylic Heart paintings I’ve done ‘tween yesterday and today, all on 6×9 acid free paper. They’re of the style and format I sold a couple of last Saturday at Buda Mercantile ❤️
As you can tell, I’m still very much exploring this avenue, finding/searching for ways to make them look and feel better to me, where they’re attractive yet have textural or design details I also very much like.
‘Course, sometimes a painting feels very attractive me, and I don’t yet know, or know for awhile, why….
Frustrating, but also kind of the fun of it.
When creativity’s showing me something, and I don’t know what yet ☺️
And that, for me, I can tell you, releases a lot of energy ❤️
Take care everyone! I’m very hopeful! 😊
If not in sales (yet), definitely in terms of being/staying creative —
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊