This is a special out-of-sequence excerpt w/commentary post, a sample of my new series of excerpts from my novella, The Old American Artist. My previous series didn’t have any direct commentary from me, just the excerpt itself.
So why this special out-of-sequence excerpt?
Because the excerpt describes the moment Arturo first laid eyes on Rosetta.
And 😊 today is the 41st anniversary of the first moment I laid on eyes on my wife Sheila ❤️
And no the excerpt narrative and my memory of the actual moment, in this particular instance within the novella, are about as exact to each other as memory permits ☺️
In the actual new excerpts with commentary series starting soon, I’ll have more to say about my feelings and reflections of that moment – but today, it’s simply —
Happy anniversary of meeting, Sheila! 💕 😊
Reference post/page about my series of excerpts for The Old American Artist 👩🎨
With info on or about :
- Intro to this series
- Tweet itself on Twitter
- The image art for my cover, my painting, San Antonio Riverwalk
- About my art and it’s relationship to this literary fiction work
- The numbering system I’m using in the tweets (and why)
- Hashtag #OldAmericanArtistExcerpts – why I use it in my tweets
…at the far end of the table, across from the side he had chosen to go down, in the next to last chair before the end of the narrowing table, thick hair brushed smoothly back in a perfect Galveston wave, ringlets dropping lightly, placed like living earrings round by her ears, down her neck touching the high lace collar reaching up from her crisp pink shimmered top, sat Rosetta.©Felipe Adan Lerma 2012
If you have any thoughts about my excerpts, my novella, or my art, please post in comments.
Also please feel free to retweet the tweet above 😊
Thanks so much! ❤️
#OldAmericanArtistExcerpts series link on this site – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/oldamericanartistexcerpts/
My paintings on Fine Art America –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊