wove itself into
green tendrils of new life
leaving doubts of not returning
dancing in a
race to renew itself.
winter was still to come
with seeds of
Summer was a faded memory
cooling in autumn
the Hill Country
crisp in Texas’ November
dry as sun baked rocks
and crinkled twigs
had softened from the summer’s shimmer.
Glances were more welcome.
Footsteps sought more ground.
The breath flowed like the land –
It was a time to rest.
But also a time to move within the resting heartbeat.
Image & Verse ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Watercolor Painting : Texas Hill Country November, circa 2021, Available
Very difficult to capture the full texture and nuance of this watercolor on paper, but I think this gives a good feel. The Fine Art America / Pixels presentation has a full resolution preview and might be fun to check out 😊 Though an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside – and in a few places here and there within – the cities. There’s a sense of an enduring nature, a perseverance that speaks of timelessness, though of course the Texas landscape, like all the earth, has had its dramatic changes over the known and unknown times. My previous photopoem new upload post, Rowing With the Sun has some of that same timelessness, but a person included in the picture. There’s a nice contrast, and continuation, between the two. The verses themselves are a nice contrast, with Texas Hill Country November being more leisurely, longer.
Thanks so much everyone!
Please tap tweet above to like or share.
My Related Blog Posts 😊
- More Links 😊
Prints & Gifts with Texas Hill Country November at Fine Art America / Pixels –
More of my painting posts (oils, watercolor, acrylic) at –
More PhotoPoem Sayings on my site at –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- March 06, 2021 – A Yoga Teacher – Gift Writing / Poetry by AdanYesterday I posted about another of my gift writings, one that sold just recently, Volleyball Setter, and I thought I’d post a short note about another I’ve always liked – A Yoga Teacher.
- March 05, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Gallery Wrap Canvas Print SOLD @FineArtAmerica“…pleased to say I’ve sold a gallery wrapped canvas print featured in one of my most viewed posts on my site, Volleyball Setter – Original Sports Poetry Back in Stock, to a buyer in Sturgis, Michigan!”
- March 04, 2021 – Masks in Grocery Stores in Austin – Back to Mask/Mass ConfusionAll I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
- March 03, 2021 – Why We’re Only Shopping at Sprouts For Groceries (and a few others) Here in Austin For Now, Hint: Covid-19“… for us to choose to voluntarily restrict ourselves to Sprouts, and a few other stores I’ll highlight hopefully tomorrow, is a big deal. Fixed incomes of the qualifying-for-most-any-level of stimulus cut-off-money work that way 😊 “
- March 02, 2021 – 1st Full Day of Recovery After My 1st Covid VaccinationI’m developing a different kind of problem ☺️ – too many good things to choose from I want to do!
- March 01, 2021 – Floating Butterfly 1 Pen and Ink with Watercolor – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoems“…wings spotted like the sun’s own face….”
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
Thanks again everyone!