I’ve re-arranged a few sections from my original posting of these excerpts to emphasize both the excerpt and my new added commentary in this new series. My goal is to post M-F each week, with exceptions due to weather or other unexpected happenings, positive or negative, lol! 😊
Commentary on 02.24.21
It’s morning in the story, a story set in one day with flashes of memories and moments from the previous multitude of decades, and Arturo’s reflecting, anew it seems, as it seems to myself with my own work, how at times, one’s own creative work is “as new” to him as if from another artist. I’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists. Most my life I’ve had to work in unrelated art fields as I created art, and lately, with the pandemic, even more isolated from other artists, and so the reason I think I’ve no idea about this “as new” phenomenon I experience, and frequently enough it still surprises me with its suddenness and occurrence. The sensation only lasts a few moments, except for a few rare pieces I still ponder, decades later when I gaze on them, and then I’m remembering feelings I released with the pigments, even events happening in my life at the time. Art is such an experience, for viewer and artist, but the artist has so much – for his or her own work – that’s available, often surprisingly so. And then it’s time to make new art 😊
To make posting my series of excerpt tweets for my novella, The Old American Artist, easier for me to post regularly (Mon-Fri), and quicker for folks to see and read, I created a reference post/page with “lots” of info that can easily be reached there 😊
That includes info on or about :
- Intro to this series
- Tweet itself on Twitter
- The image art for my cover, my painting, San Antonio Riverwalk
- About my art and it’s relationship to this literary fiction work
- The numbering system I’m using in the tweets (and why)
- Hashtag #OldAmericanArtistExcerpts – why I use it in my tweets
Thanks so much! ❤️
#OldAmericanArtistExcerpts series link on this site – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/oldamericanartistexcerpts/
My paintings’ listings on Fine Art America / Pixels for purchase, prints and gifts –
Posts about my watercolors here on my site –
Please tap tweet above to like or share.
Please click here for direct link to blog post in above tweet –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊