I’ve re-arranged a few sections from my original posting of these excerpts to emphasize both the excerpt and my new added commentary in this new series. My goal is to post M-F each week, with exceptions due to weather or other unexpected happenings, positive or negative, lol! 😊
Commentary on 02.24.21
It’s morning in the story, a story set in one day with flashes of memories and moments from the previous multitude of decades, and Arturo’s reflecting, anew it seems, as it seems to myself with my own work, how at times, one’s own creative work is “as new” to him as if from another artist. I’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists. Most my life I’ve had to work in unrelated art fields as I created art, and lately, with the pandemic, even more isolated from other artists, and so the reason I think I’ve no idea about this “as new” phenomenon I experience, and frequently enough it still surprises me with its suddenness and occurrence. The sensation only lasts a few moments, except for a few rare pieces I still ponder, decades later when I gaze on them, and then I’m remembering feelings I released with the pigments, even events happening in my life at the time. Art is such an experience, for viewer and artist, but the artist has so much – for his or her own work – that’s available, often surprisingly so. And then it’s time to make new art 😊
To make posting my series of excerpt tweets for my novella, The Old American Artist, easier for me to post regularly (Mon-Fri), and quicker for folks to see and read, I created a reference post/page with “lots” of info that can easily be reached there 😊
That includes info on or about :
- Intro to this series
- Tweet itself on Twitter
- The image art for my cover, my painting, San Antonio Riverwalk
- About my art and it’s relationship to this literary fiction work
- The numbering system I’m using in the tweets (and why)
- Hashtag #OldAmericanArtistExcerpts – why I use it in my tweets
Thanks so much! ❤️
#OldAmericanArtistExcerpts series link on this site – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/oldamericanartistexcerpts/
My paintings’ listings on Fine Art America / Pixels for purchase, prints and gifts –
Posts about my watercolors here on my site –
Please tap tweet above to like or share.
Please click here for direct link to blog post in above tweet –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊