I’ve re-arranged a few sections from my original posting of these excerpts to emphasize both the excerpt and my new added commentary in this new series. My goal is to post M-F each week, with exceptions due to weather or other unexpected happenings, positive or negative, lol! 😊
Commentary on 02.24.21
It’s morning in the story, a story set in one day with flashes of memories and moments from the previous multitude of decades, and Arturo’s reflecting, anew it seems, as it seems to myself with my own work, how at times, one’s own creative work is “as new” to him as if from another artist. I’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists. Most my life I’ve had to work in unrelated art fields as I created art, and lately, with the pandemic, even more isolated from other artists, and so the reason I think I’ve no idea about this “as new” phenomenon I experience, and frequently enough it still surprises me with its suddenness and occurrence. The sensation only lasts a few moments, except for a few rare pieces I still ponder, decades later when I gaze on them, and then I’m remembering feelings I released with the pigments, even events happening in my life at the time. Art is such an experience, for viewer and artist, but the artist has so much – for his or her own work – that’s available, often surprisingly so. And then it’s time to make new art 😊
To make posting my series of excerpt tweets for my novella, The Old American Artist, easier for me to post regularly (Mon-Fri), and quicker for folks to see and read, I created a reference post/page with “lots” of info that can easily be reached there 😊
That includes info on or about :
- Intro to this series
- Tweet itself on Twitter
- The image art for my cover, my painting, San Antonio Riverwalk
- About my art and it’s relationship to this literary fiction work
- The numbering system I’m using in the tweets (and why)
- Hashtag #OldAmericanArtistExcerpts – why I use it in my tweets
Thanks so much! ❤️
#OldAmericanArtistExcerpts series link on this site – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/oldamericanartistexcerpts/
My paintings’ listings on Fine Art America / Pixels for purchase, prints and gifts –
Posts about my watercolors here on my site –
Please tap tweet above to like or share.
Please click here for direct link to blog post in above tweet –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊