Yesterday I posted my initial images for both my watercolor butterfly and my jogger poster poem (seem on the right hand side in the two comparisons below.
The images don’t show the difference as well as I seem them live, so I notated change types 1-3 on the butterfly; the jogger work-up is of course much more easily apparent with text and some color 😊
Change type 1 was inserting white gouache to differentiate the striation sections of color on the top wings’ markings, while change type 2 was adding white slash-dot along the bottom left border before the more solid magenta bordering.
Change type 3 a little harder to see the effect of, but I ran a thin white gouache line of varying width around the perimeter of the butterfly’s wings, occasionally letting some of the magenta wash from the thicker pigment stay in place. Hard to tell with all the thick line and numbering marking, but I think it does set the butterfly off, or away, from the background so it’s more easily focused on. I may accentuate that more, but if so, I don’t think it’d be much. Could change my mind, but not leaning that way for now 😊
The update changes to Jogger way more apparent – bird in the top right, the poem itself, and a gradient light across the whole sheet.
The changes / additions of color to Jogger will appear much more substantial in the next, possibly last update.
Both works are near finished, but we’ll see 😊
Meanwhile, another, different excerpt from Jogger below, though you should be able to see the whole poem in the gallery comparison above —
…first, those stiff slow warm-upsshort expert from Jogger, poem included in my Arts poetry collection avail on Amazon
til the heart jumps out of idle
to cruise the hot blue skies
Tomorrow, if time permits, Thursday at the latest I hope, both images should be done ♥️
For reference – my 1st digital line art / poem / wash (done recently) was Little Dancer.
While my most recent butterfly watercolor superimposed on line art was Floating Butterfly.
My digital art is done with Affinity Photo, and my watercolor art via Arteza’s Real Brush Pens. It’s possible I may add some Daniel Smith tube watercolor to my butterfly, but that’s also on an “we’ll see” basis, lol!
Take care everyone! Be safe & stay creative! 💕
Please tap tweet to like, share or visit product page 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Arts Poetry –
Please tap tweet to like, share or visit product pages 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊