Yesterday I posted my initial images for both my watercolor butterfly and my jogger poster poem (seem on the right hand side in the two comparisons below.
The images don’t show the difference as well as I seem them live, so I notated change types 1-3 on the butterfly; the jogger work-up is of course much more easily apparent with text and some color 😊
Change type 1 was inserting white gouache to differentiate the striation sections of color on the top wings’ markings, while change type 2 was adding white slash-dot along the bottom left border before the more solid magenta bordering.
Change type 3 a little harder to see the effect of, but I ran a thin white gouache line of varying width around the perimeter of the butterfly’s wings, occasionally letting some of the magenta wash from the thicker pigment stay in place. Hard to tell with all the thick line and numbering marking, but I think it does set the butterfly off, or away, from the background so it’s more easily focused on. I may accentuate that more, but if so, I don’t think it’d be much. Could change my mind, but not leaning that way for now 😊
The update changes to Jogger way more apparent – bird in the top right, the poem itself, and a gradient light across the whole sheet.
The changes / additions of color to Jogger will appear much more substantial in the next, possibly last update.
Both works are near finished, but we’ll see 😊
Meanwhile, another, different excerpt from Jogger below, though you should be able to see the whole poem in the gallery comparison above —
…first, those stiff slow warm-upsshort expert from Jogger, poem included in my Arts poetry collection avail on Amazon
til the heart jumps out of idle
to cruise the hot blue skies
Tomorrow, if time permits, Thursday at the latest I hope, both images should be done ♥️
For reference – my 1st digital line art / poem / wash (done recently) was Little Dancer.
While my most recent butterfly watercolor superimposed on line art was Floating Butterfly.
My digital art is done with Affinity Photo, and my watercolor art via Arteza’s Real Brush Pens. It’s possible I may add some Daniel Smith tube watercolor to my butterfly, but that’s also on an “we’ll see” basis, lol!
Take care everyone! Be safe & stay creative! 💕
Please tap tweet to like, share or visit product page 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Arts Poetry –
Please tap tweet to like, share or visit product pages 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 10, 2021 – Volleyball Kill Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmerica5th of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Kill, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊