Rain threatened or fell most the day, but left an imprint of beauty at the end of day.
That’s how I’ve begun to feel after another long day, but with very much accomplished!
I’ve treaded water long enough now to feel I can tip-toe a bit in moments of calmer water!
Our move is of course still on-going, but waning, with our pace of dealing with boxes matching the lessened load of objects to be found 😊
Yesterday we finally got a couple years worth of nuisance but necessary maintenance work on our car done, plus its inspection, enabling us to submit the car’s registration for the next 12 months filled out. Dr appts and taxes (a Texas extension due to our unfortunate winter no-power-or-water #winterfreeze experience) I feel can now be safely spaced out and handled over the next 4 weeks.
And, by the end of those same 4 weeks, I should have prepared and submitted art work I chosen to show at the long awaited reopening of the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the state capital bldg! Choosing what to exhibit, wiring larger work, backing and sleeving prints and originals on paper. Getting my time slot to submit my work and prepare for a mid to late summer opening! Art sales might be happening again! ❤️
In the interim, not being able to quite yet set up to really paint, I’ve tinkered with some digital line art and value studies of my greenbelt pic below. I’m preparing a post on that for tomorrow!
Each chunk of chores Sheila and I get done, the more we can enjoy a growing number of opportunities with not only the 8 year old grandson, but the older granddaughters, and even our grown children.
Trips to see other family or friends still appears out of the picture for this summer, but with a bit of luck and patience, Sheila and I may get to make a few more trips before the weight of our years anchor us more closely to home.
Additionally, my usual daily trips into social media have suffered. Blogging’s been a slog but is softening up where I can see doing one post a day and be a variety of types of posts. Even my stagnant Twitter thread is getting small welcome doses of attention now, with a long overdue Tweet That Caught My Eye feature!
So I am hopeful, and I especially hope you are finding your own ways to that state of mind and slate of heart where you can feel hopeful too ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “silhouette wall art” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 05, 2022 – Small But Welcome 4th of July Celebrations from Our New Location at #TheLadyBird #AustinTexasThat I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out –
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊