Rain threatened or fell most the day, but left an imprint of beauty at the end of day.
That’s how I’ve begun to feel after another long day, but with very much accomplished!
I’ve treaded water long enough now to feel I can tip-toe a bit in moments of calmer water!
Our move is of course still on-going, but waning, with our pace of dealing with boxes matching the lessened load of objects to be found 😊
Yesterday we finally got a couple years worth of nuisance but necessary maintenance work on our car done, plus its inspection, enabling us to submit the car’s registration for the next 12 months filled out. Dr appts and taxes (a Texas extension due to our unfortunate winter no-power-or-water #winterfreeze experience) I feel can now be safely spaced out and handled over the next 4 weeks.
And, by the end of those same 4 weeks, I should have prepared and submitted art work I chosen to show at the long awaited reopening of the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the state capital bldg! Choosing what to exhibit, wiring larger work, backing and sleeving prints and originals on paper. Getting my time slot to submit my work and prepare for a mid to late summer opening! Art sales might be happening again! ❤️
In the interim, not being able to quite yet set up to really paint, I’ve tinkered with some digital line art and value studies of my greenbelt pic below. I’m preparing a post on that for tomorrow!
Each chunk of chores Sheila and I get done, the more we can enjoy a growing number of opportunities with not only the 8 year old grandson, but the older granddaughters, and even our grown children.
Trips to see other family or friends still appears out of the picture for this summer, but with a bit of luck and patience, Sheila and I may get to make a few more trips before the weight of our years anchor us more closely to home.
Additionally, my usual daily trips into social media have suffered. Blogging’s been a slog but is softening up where I can see doing one post a day and be a variety of types of posts. Even my stagnant Twitter thread is getting small welcome doses of attention now, with a long overdue Tweet That Caught My Eye feature!
So I am hopeful, and I especially hope you are finding your own ways to that state of mind and slate of heart where you can feel hopeful too ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “silhouette wall art” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 23, 2021 – 2nd Update for Delivering Art for the Summer Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasYesterday the 8 year old and I delivered my full set of 12×18 Volleyball posters to the Old Bakery & Emporium and Mike, one of several long time consistent folks to know there, was kind enough to pose with the Texas Capitol Bldg seen through the window 😊
- June 22, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – Last Day Today!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 21, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – June 21 & 22!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 20, 2021 – Happy Father’s Day!I’d had several ideas what to post for today, got mired in different possible thoughts, finally settled on saving posting anything til I had my morning walk at the greenbelt, my Father’s Day morning at Barton Springs Greenbelt 😊
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊