There’s only tiny subtle differences between the current version and the image on my previous post, and I thought I was done, satisfied that is – but I’m not.
I slept on it, the idea of having finished, not the painting, lol! And went back to my originating reference photo (vs the digital value study), and see things I’d still like to accentuate.
However, we’re leaving shortly to pick up the 8 year old for a stretch into Monday morning, and we may not get to see much of him after for several weeks, plus I must finish our accounting work the next couple weeks, so this may be it for awhile.
In addition, my mind is percolating with ideas re a new Amazon program called Vella, which will feature serialized fiction. Lot folks followed my Twitter excerpts for my semi-autobiographical story, The Old American Artist. I like writing short pieces. It fits my style and time availability. So I might continue the story of the characters in my fiction work, which generally stopped a few years ago with Queen, the Omnibus Edition, which compiled 30+ short books which were released serially as short books at the time. Either I was ahead of my time, or I’ve got some catching up to do, or more likely, some of both, lol!
So I’ve lots on my plate, some of which ain’t as tasty as I’d like, and even more I can’t hardly wait to get to, but must 😊 Been that way since mid-April, and it may be mid June before I can feel like I can actually dedicate the time I want to dedicate to my art. But if I truly want to stay creative long term, that’s what must be.
Meanwhile, I’ll try & figure out what I can do quickly in re to posting, but just not quite sure what yet ☺️
Deep breathes everyone, patience – especially me, lol! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊