It’s late already today, but wanted to show the beginning of what I’ve been up to the last 3-4 days, starting my 1st new painting since before our move! At or just over a month – but I’m so glad I’m pushing pigment again, lol!
My plan is to work best I can on this 12×18 140 lb watercolor sheet. This is on the smooth side (vs my usual rough side preference) partly to see how I like this, and partly cause my printer wanted to try it out to see how his machine handled the smooth side (very well it turned out!) 😊
My further plan is to work on as many sheets like this, with my digital pen and ink sketch pre-printed on it, as I feel compelled to, and see how my work re-develops. Plus whatever new stuff I might learn along the way; maybe using various value densities and color combinations. Just gonna play it by ear ❤️
This is the 1st evening’s lay-in, ’bout 30 minutes tinkering; which included pondering and looking and just feeling what was going on ☺️
The BW on my iPad, to the left of my photo (now on Fine Art America) is a digital value study. Not sure how much I would stay within the ranges shown, but still very helpful
The gleamy-white in the bottom half of the poster is light reflecting off wet white gouache. At this point, I was “very” glad just to be working on an image again!
I’ll try and post each day I can as it moves along, plus thoughts or questions that arise as I work – wish me luck! 😊
Glad to be more creative again!
Stay well everyone!
ps – dual screen shot on my screen in each photo above is via my Affinity Photo program, iPad version 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 10, 2021 – Volleyball Kill Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmerica5th of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Kill, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- June 09, 2021 – Ending the Day With a SplashI did do several things needing doing today, including finally uploading a new sports gift writing – Volleyball Kill Poster, but the day was capped by a surprise late afternoon visit from the 8 year old 😊
- June 08, 2021 – Walking in Barton Creek With My New Waterproof Hiking Sandals, Video and PicsI hoped to build on yesterday’s video and think I did grab a decent one. The pic above is a screen shot from today’s video below –Unless I get lucky, I’m finding I like picking my own frame for the video’s thumbnail, since I often then use it for my header and my “featured image” via WordPress’ architecture. It makes presenting a video more fun for me 😊
- June 07, 2021 – Standing on a Rock in Barton Creek, Two Videos and a SelfieSix weeks ago today I posted the two pics below…Quite a different scene from that in the above video after intermittent rains this past week, or the today’s 2nd video end of my post 😊
- June 06, 2021 – Reblog : The Impressionist Art of Seeing and Being Seen (Berthe Morisot in England; via the New York Times; by Jason Farago)Seldom have I enjoyed an art critique post, visually or intellectually, as much as I enjoyed this visually detailed, historically grounded narrative into “some” of what the Impressionist movement was about, even if not apparent at the time – ie, much like our own times will need some reflection and commentary to become more fully fleshed out.
- June 05, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Almost Here – June 21 & 22!I’m very glad to present this reminder or new-to-you information that Amazon’s Prime Day, with typically huge sales rolling across two days, is nearly here! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊