Finally finished my line art watercolor poster via my Austin Barton Creek Greenbelt photo, and, uploaded it to Fine Art America.
It was quite a learning process for me that, though derailed for a bit with chores etc, finally felt finished!
Plus, I created 3 detail shots from the painting via carefully selected crops and hope to have those up relatively soon to post here also 😊
Below’s detail preview screenshot via Fine Art’s full res option is not one of the 3 but is along the same lines – snippets from the original creating interesting outtakes of texture, color and form.
As always, the full res reproduction screenshot below is not as clear or colorful as that offered on my Fine Art America page for this image ❤️
Take care everyone! Greenbelts in our cities are absolutely wonderful, but most of us, esp myself, are hardly familiar with the dangers inherent in exploring without care. Here’s a link to my Google search on these unfortunate events here in and around Austin – https://www.google.com/search?q=greenbelt+death+austin+texas
The latest was a few days ago – https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/atcems-trying-to-resuscitate-person-who-reportedly-fell-30-feet-at-barton-creek-greenbelt/
Nature is wonderful, but often more powerful than we anticipate, esp when we’ve had little experience growing up within its wonders – so be careful, enjoy wisely ♥️
Enjoy our world creatively! 😊
link to blog post in above tweet 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 05, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Enhancing the LandscapeThis doesn’t portray the current stage of my new painting as well as it should. I probably took the pic too late in the day; the texture is stronger than I see it and the colors more subdued, but I figured, time being what it is right now (concerns with my mom, having the 8 yr old overnight after his band camp practice), best to show something while I keep working this.
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊