Had hoped to put up another art reblog, I posted a couple really good ones recently I think, but also wanted to paint, but couldn’t ’cause I’d’a have to taken over too much of the kitchen table for too long, lol!
Though I basically only moved a “lot” of boxes around, not really resolving my space issue for where to put everything, I did create a small space to sit by my easel plus a small platform for my paints etc 😊
After searching & searching I also found a bottle of masking fluid & applied it to this —
It’s my other line art only copy of my Barton Spring Greenbelt poster pictured top pic lower right 😊
I shot the image from the side letting the light catch the masking fluid’s highlight so it’s more easily seen. There’s also more on the lower portion but it didn’t show up ‘cept as grey spots – light is so very tricky!
So how much and how well this will work out, I don’t know yet, lol! It’s been a long while since I last tried using masking fluid. I’m hoping I can preserve more of a random “possibly” dappled light look to begin with, even if I later enhance the light areas with white gouache – either to increase the highlight or to soften the edges.
I’m still quite determined to see if I can consciously paint something I really like with dappled light. I’ve had a few accidental paintings & more than a few photos (though before, I rarely knew why I liked them so much), but…it’d be nice to be more consistent when I want to create one ☺️
My main challenge, for me, right now, is doing this working at it via watercolor, where I’m least practiced, and, am working light to dark. I get to a certain point, with my image usually still very high key, and just like it the way it is – oh well, lol!
As I get more of my art materials laid out and accessible, I’ll also be having a go at it (my dappled light quest 😊) via both acrylics and oils (dark to light) —
Keep plugging everyone, it’s worth the effort ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Creating an art space” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊