Had hoped to put up another art reblog, I posted a couple really good ones recently I think, but also wanted to paint, but couldn’t ’cause I’d’a have to taken over too much of the kitchen table for too long, lol!
Though I basically only moved a “lot” of boxes around, not really resolving my space issue for where to put everything, I did create a small space to sit by my easel plus a small platform for my paints etc 😊
After searching & searching I also found a bottle of masking fluid & applied it to this —
It’s my other line art only copy of my Barton Spring Greenbelt poster pictured top pic lower right 😊
I shot the image from the side letting the light catch the masking fluid’s highlight so it’s more easily seen. There’s also more on the lower portion but it didn’t show up ‘cept as grey spots – light is so very tricky!
So how much and how well this will work out, I don’t know yet, lol! It’s been a long while since I last tried using masking fluid. I’m hoping I can preserve more of a random “possibly” dappled light look to begin with, even if I later enhance the light areas with white gouache – either to increase the highlight or to soften the edges.
I’m still quite determined to see if I can consciously paint something I really like with dappled light. I’ve had a few accidental paintings & more than a few photos (though before, I rarely knew why I liked them so much), but…it’d be nice to be more consistent when I want to create one ☺️
My main challenge, for me, right now, is doing this working at it via watercolor, where I’m least practiced, and, am working light to dark. I get to a certain point, with my image usually still very high key, and just like it the way it is – oh well, lol!
As I get more of my art materials laid out and accessible, I’ll also be having a go at it (my dappled light quest 😊) via both acrylics and oils (dark to light) —
Keep plugging everyone, it’s worth the effort ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Creating an art space” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊