Like a minor but very welcome miracle, a faint rainbow, or even a tiny prayer that surfaces in one’s heart unexpectedly, I sold my small 5×7 watercolor, Girl with Umbrella on panel at the Old Bakery and Emporium which just reopened in July!
Varnished and painted on Golden’s absorbent ground, Girl with Umbrella was a joy to create, modeling my efforts off of, along with Renoir, Monet – one of my life long favorite artists!
Now I have the very pleasant chore of choosing a replacement, and hopefully delivering it either late this week or early next! 😊
This image was my most viewed on Fine Art America one of the weeks earlier in May this year ♥️
Hopefully I can get some new pics of the ongoing Old Bakery’s re-opening.
Stay well everyone! Booster shots are coming and hopefully the heat is nearing it’s finish!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Monet’s technique, in Books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 18, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Working the Painting Language – The Visual Path, via Dianne MizeDianne’s continuing series of tips and samples of painting’s language of line and shapes and so much more, including, as per this reblog of her most current post, The Visual Path, have been a source of inspiration for me for quite a while now, and this is no exception. She provides not only the 2 examples in my header, but an entirely different style image, one from one of my favorite painters, John Singer Sargent, and ties it to the two simpler – yet in principle – similar images top of the page.
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊