My most viewed image this past week on Fine Art America is from a small 5×7 watercolor study on absorbent ground on canvas panel of a motif from several of Monet’s work featuring a girl with an umbrella (his wife I believe, but not sure).
Using mostly Daniel Smith watercolors and two small brushes, I was able to keep the edges of image within the white space of the panel, and worked out something I felt good about.
Even doing a small study such as this brought my attention to so many of Monet’s stylistic mannerisms, even if only in a small very limited way. Another plus, I was amazed how many of artist/teacher Dianne Mize’s art tips came even more to life for me!
I finished this small piece early this year, along with several other figure works, and moved on to experiment with watercolor brush pens, mostly landscapes, but I hope to join the two methods eventually – tubes and brush pens – and integrate figures with landscapes more frequently, as I’d also experimented with late last year and early this year, one of which I sold very early on the year at Buda Mercantile before it repurposed itself as another business.
Well, we’ve the 8 year this weekend, and am glad I could get this short post out. Hopefully tomorrow I can post a few pics of our Memorial Day weekend with our grandson ❤️
Stay healthy everyone!
Stay healthy everyone! Stay hopeful! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Silhouette Wall Art –
Please tap tweets above to like, share or see product 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 23, 2021 – 2nd Update for Delivering Art for the Summer Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasYesterday the 8 year old and I delivered my full set of 12×18 Volleyball posters to the Old Bakery & Emporium and Mike, one of several long time consistent folks to know there, was kind enough to pose with the Texas Capitol Bldg seen through the window 😊
- June 22, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – Last Day Today!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 21, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – June 21 & 22!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 20, 2021 – Happy Father’s Day!I’d had several ideas what to post for today, got mired in different possible thoughts, finally settled on saving posting anything til I had my morning walk at the greenbelt, my Father’s Day morning at Barton Springs Greenbelt 😊
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊