My most viewed image this past week on Fine Art America is from a small 5×7 watercolor study on absorbent ground on canvas panel of a motif from several of Monet’s work featuring a girl with an umbrella (his wife I believe, but not sure).
Using mostly Daniel Smith watercolors and two small brushes, I was able to keep the edges of image within the white space of the panel, and worked out something I felt good about.
Even doing a small study such as this brought my attention to so many of Monet’s stylistic mannerisms, even if only in a small very limited way. Another plus, I was amazed how many of artist/teacher Dianne Mize’s art tips came even more to life for me!
I finished this small piece early this year, along with several other figure works, and moved on to experiment with watercolor brush pens, mostly landscapes, but I hope to join the two methods eventually – tubes and brush pens – and integrate figures with landscapes more frequently, as I’d also experimented with late last year and early this year, one of which I sold very early on the year at Buda Mercantile before it repurposed itself as another business.
Well, we’ve the 8 year this weekend, and am glad I could get this short post out. Hopefully tomorrow I can post a few pics of our Memorial Day weekend with our grandson ❤️
Stay healthy everyone!
Stay healthy everyone! Stay hopeful! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Silhouette Wall Art –
Please tap tweets above to like, share or see product 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 05, 2022 – Small But Welcome 4th of July Celebrations from Our New Location at #TheLadyBird #AustinTexasThat I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out –
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊