Recently I posted 3 other canvas paintings I’ve been working on, and here I’m showing the 2 I’d mentioned in that post but didn’t have photo captures of yet.
Both are 18×24 on canvas, with light molding paste from Golden, but, at this stage applied slightly differently.
Pigment went on the gessoed canvas 1st in each case, before applying the light molding paste (which is opaque when thick but translucent at apparently up to 1/8 inch thick) but in the painting to the right (Playtime, Mother and Child), I’m adding quite a bit more color onto the sheen of paste with masking fluid on the pink sorta-figure shapes.
My image to the left, Mother and Child, I want also want to add color onto the coating of paste, but very minimally, as I pretty well really like this as-is, but want just a touch of suggestive definition on the shapes the emerged looking like a woman and child to me 😊
With Playtime, Mother and Child (right side), I deliberately shaped the pink forms into sorta-figures, even if still needing work lol!
I very much wanted these to be “pure” abstracts, but figures just keep cropping up anyways ☺️
I had no intentionality of having figures in Mother and Child, but they appeared to me.
Wanting to keep the cleanness & simplicity of the look in this work, I’m weighing very carefully what to add to suggest the forms “just enough” – it’ll be very minimal I believe and just more time – literally it feels like – assimilating the feeling and idea into my muscular system. Kinda like method acting, or maybe learning to walk, lol! ❤️
Playtime, Mother and Child is a different creature, despite their similarity of beginning with pigment on canvas then adding light molding paste. There’s a different energy all together here, and the current followup-inprogress continues by being much more colorful.
In that followup I placed masking fluid on the figures, and a couple of newer (ie, not seen above) color areas I liked, but then added more color onto those latter areas then lost then when I removed the masking fluid – so goes the creative dance 💃 😊
I’ve begun to feel I’m entering a creative period similar to a few other times, late 2019 when I started experimenting with watercolors on absorbent ground on small 6×6 gallery wrapped canvasses, and around 2016-7 when I restarted painting using water based oils (after stopping around 2010). That’s probably a blog post that’d do me a lot of good to work up ♥️
Take care everyone! Exploring is in our nature. Nice to be able to do it with paint! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “creativity” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊