Recently I posted 3 other canvas paintings I’ve been working on, and here I’m showing the 2 I’d mentioned in that post but didn’t have photo captures of yet.
Both are 18×24 on canvas, with light molding paste from Golden, but, at this stage applied slightly differently.
Pigment went on the gessoed canvas 1st in each case, before applying the light molding paste (which is opaque when thick but translucent at apparently up to 1/8 inch thick) but in the painting to the right (Playtime, Mother and Child), I’m adding quite a bit more color onto the sheen of paste with masking fluid on the pink sorta-figure shapes.
My image to the left, Mother and Child, I want also want to add color onto the coating of paste, but very minimally, as I pretty well really like this as-is, but want just a touch of suggestive definition on the shapes the emerged looking like a woman and child to me 😊
With Playtime, Mother and Child (right side), I deliberately shaped the pink forms into sorta-figures, even if still needing work lol!
I very much wanted these to be “pure” abstracts, but figures just keep cropping up anyways ☺️
I had no intentionality of having figures in Mother and Child, but they appeared to me.
Wanting to keep the cleanness & simplicity of the look in this work, I’m weighing very carefully what to add to suggest the forms “just enough” – it’ll be very minimal I believe and just more time – literally it feels like – assimilating the feeling and idea into my muscular system. Kinda like method acting, or maybe learning to walk, lol! ❤️
Playtime, Mother and Child is a different creature, despite their similarity of beginning with pigment on canvas then adding light molding paste. There’s a different energy all together here, and the current followup-inprogress continues by being much more colorful.
In that followup I placed masking fluid on the figures, and a couple of newer (ie, not seen above) color areas I liked, but then added more color onto those latter areas then lost then when I removed the masking fluid – so goes the creative dance 💃 😊
I’ve begun to feel I’m entering a creative period similar to a few other times, late 2019 when I started experimenting with watercolors on absorbent ground on small 6×6 gallery wrapped canvasses, and around 2016-7 when I restarted painting using water based oils (after stopping around 2010). That’s probably a blog post that’d do me a lot of good to work up ♥️
Take care everyone! Exploring is in our nature. Nice to be able to do it with paint! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “creativity” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊