I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course (see current pinned tweet above), where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊
So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
Something that, like my Collections page on Fine Art America, shows images of what I write about on my WordPress site.
I came up with a design, but it would mean then not promoting my Fine Art America images. So I can up with this idea —
- keep my pinned post as above, notating when the pinned tweet’s images were updated
- and schedule my WordPress tweet to go out, well, that’s the question – how & when…
Well, luckily, WordPress and Twitter do a good job working together, at least as far as I work with the two —
Twitter has this thing – application, program? I don’t know, but it’s called TweetDeck & it’s super handy. Here’s a screenshot of part of how I use it —
I can choose what info I want to see in what columns and as you can see, info on new followers (Followers), anything I post (User), anything that mentions me, including myself (Mentions), and retweets (Notifications).
On the far left side, the big blue column, visible because I clicked the little symbol to create a new tweet, is a white box where I can create text, links etc for a new tweet. Below that box are options for adding video or image(s), scheduling, etc.
My idea is to create a template similar to how I do my pinned post on Twitter, keeping the basic info the same, but adjusting the date I updated the attached image.
With my pinned tweet on Twitter image is of my art & photos on Fine Art America, while on WordPress, I’ll periodically send out a tweet with an image of how my landing page on WordPress looks like, at least in terms of my most recent posts, with a date on the text portion of tweet indicating when that date was.
Question I had was, ok, so how often, ie, how frequently would I need to do this to show what my current blog posts are?
Well, a cropped screen capture of my current blog posts on the 9th of this month showed me this —
Basically I have, on my iPad screen, 3 blog post featured-images across before a new row begins. I know this will look differently on my phone, your computer, etc, but I think I really need something I can go on based on what I work with.
So my idea is, I can “try” to create a new image, plus update the “update date” and any descriptive text if necessary, every 3 or 4 posts or so. That’s about how often my top row of posts will have cycled down and been replaced by new featured images.
This post itself is being prepared the day before my 1st blog-heralding tweet is scheduled to come out, and, I’m not scheduling to post this for several days after that – meaning that whether things go haywire, or awright!, at least to start, trying this out, I can let you know as an addendum pro or con on that too at the end of the post 😊
I’m kinda looking forward to the challenge of keeping this up, the 3-4 day tweet update, with featured image rows, and seeing how it might help let folks know what I’m up to here on my site ☺️
I’ll be sure and have a followup soon after to let ya’ll know, with shots of the tweets I used 🤞
Take care everyone, stay active, even if gently pleasantly so ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “promoting my blog posts” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊