Back near mid-October I posted about beginning a couple of new projects and featured my initial layin image below-left.
The simple shift to the final image is a bit deceiving, as both the foreground and background had more of the intense coloring, some of which came off when I removed the masking fluid I’d applied. But, some neat dappled light patterning was then also created.
The main thing I had to protect was, as my wife put it – “don’t touch the figure, leave it!”
And I did, pencil lines and all 😊
The figure btw is watercolor with watercolor charcoal pencil lines, and the remainder of the painting is acrylic; all on Golden’s Light Molding Paste (link to the size I first bought to try out) applied to 16×20 canvas.
Below are samples of how the image can look framed and on 2 of the products also available at Fine Art America.
Don’t forget about their 30 day guarantee 😊 —
Framing of course is relatively expensive; below are 2 smaller priced items where Walking in Light also looks and works really well!
I chose to include the yoga mat option, partly because it just looks nice, and partly because the cropping lends & keeps a kind of inspirational touch which is also apparent in the full image ❤️
The watercolor/image + landscape/acrylic combo seems to work really well for me so far.
I’ve included an image below of one of my 1st in that watercolor/acrylic combo, also a 16×20, and also on canvas coated with Golden’s Light Molding Paste.
Linking to that product this time via a general “light molding paste” search on Amazon (very nice selection) – https://amzn.to/3D97Tun
There’s so much available nowadays to explore creatively, so I experiment, then pick & choose!
Enjoy the variety, even if just by knowing its there ❤️
Link to my series of blog posts with Fantasy Walk 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “watercolor figures” – https://amzn.to/3n3ubZ5
Direct link to Interpreting the Figure in Watercolor (above) on Amazon – https://amzn.to/3HaKgUx
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊