This is one of those works I didn’t “see” the landscape til I saw it from another room, lol!
But I’d immediately liked the colors and sway of texture, and though it’s kinda rough is spots, it’s part of what makes it work I think.
Usually I’ll hold a very new work like this for awhile before thinking about where it might show, but I didn’t hesitate much taking it to the Old Bakery and Emporium recently to show and offer there. So if you’re in Austin any time soon…. 😊
And like several of my recent abstracts, Fantasy Landscape seems to do really well on product placements, like this throw pillow below —
I hope you’ll give this image a nice look.
The original is 16×20 on canvas. The paint itself is a mixture of color of course, sometimes a touch of similar toned watercolor mixed in with the acrylic, which, I was told, was probably safe and would harden into the acrylic emulsion – but – to always “test test test” to make sure, and it does seem to hold firm!
Added to the pigments then was varying degrees of light molding paste, heavy matte gel medium, and here and there a bit of marble dust. Just like cooking! Though at least I don’t burn the mixture inadvertently in this case, lol!
The degree of experimentation, almost each batch of paint if I wish, with today’s acrylics, vs the early 1980s when I 1st worked with acrylics, is – even when a bit daunting – also quite liberating.
And I definitely do like that. Even when it’s scary ☺️
Stay well everyone! Enjoy your creativity, even when it’s bumpy, lol! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
The Adjacent Possible: Evolve Your Art From Blank Canvas to Prolific Artist – https://amzn.to/3yKElSk
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 05, 2022 – Small But Welcome 4th of July Celebrations from Our New Location at #TheLadyBird #AustinTexasThat I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out –
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊