Just a very short post today, but w/2 pics 😊
Max and I went by to say hello to the Karen and Jenna who we met a few days ago and see what kind of work they put in to keeping the Food Forest healthy and on-going. There were folks watering and pruning and mulching and talking to passerby’s like they done for us.
And while Max helped with some watering, I asked Karen about a bright berry cluster in a small tree the morning light was glowing on —
Turns out there’s quite a bit to this tiny berry, besides being safely edible and potentially very helpful for not just birds and deer, but us humans too!
Max and I sampled a few and found them mildly flavorful! And evidently they make a great jam – gonna have to check on this, lol! 😊
Here’s a nice Google search page I came up with that reiterated what Karen had told me about the tiny berries ( a Native American Indian favorite evidently ) —
As I mentioned in my post a few days ago when we 1st found Festival Beach Food Forest, it is remarkably near our new Austin apt at The LadyBird ( marketing contact for 55+ occupants ) : email@example.com ), and is a treat we look forward walking to, not only for the enjoyment, but hopefully also to help out as able ❤️
Their website – https://festivalbeach.org/ – has tons of info, plus they’re also on —
Facebook : www.facebook.com/festivalbeach
Instagram : Instagram.com/austin_food_forest
And as also mentioned in my 1st post about this grand new find near Lady Bird Lake, it’s an incredible feeling knowing there’s projects like this here in Austin! It reminds me of the feeling I had when I discovered the Bark Ranger folks over by the Spyglass Greenbelt last year 💕
Stay well everyone! 🙏
ps – though it took a bit more effort today, I did get in a few moments painting time today; actually a bit less frustrating than yesterday’s longer session – I ain’t complaining 😊
I support passage of The Voting Rights Act 🙏❤️😊Adan
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊