The carry exercise trains your entire body for ultimate function, strength, and stability. Here are six variations you can do with a kettlebell or dumbbell.
— Read on www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
Quite a title, right? 😊
I kinda discovered this exercise one day at The Y not too long after my 2nd surgery this summer, though I used a light weight ball vs a kettlebell.
Nothing I read in the article, and nothing in my previous training as an instructor with SilverSneakers, and via AFAA, indicates “something” else, could be substituted. In fact, the article has a link regarding how to decide how much weight to use or start with —
If you’re new to strength training or haven’t done it in a while, Smith suggests starting with just the weight of your body to master exercises with proper form and alignment.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/strength-training-tips/
Also, as with any good exercise idea, one can substitute other objects than a kettlebell. I like a soft, easy to grip, light weight ball. The article speaks to issues re starting, such as injuries etc, so I was lucky to 1st have experimented with this particular choice of weight (or lack of, lol! 😊)
All of the following exercises are described using a kettlebell. That’s because with kettlebells, the weight hangs below the handle, making them ideal for mimicking how you carry things in real life.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
But, to start with, to get a fantastic amount of useful enabling information, this SilverSneakers post is one of their best I’ve seen.
Attention is directed to wrist placements, which muscles work with particular variations, posture, who with what type of muscular or other problems should avoid or modify what movements….
So, my goal, at this point in my multi-surgery recovery, I’m more interested in rebuilding an even simpler aspect of real life – walking with greater and better strength and balance. Yeah, just that, lol!
For me, that means a ball soft and light enough I can toss it back and forth between my hands as I walk, pass it front to back around me – one direction then the other, do arm raises, tricep pulls, and really just about any movement – again, while walking – that feels good, comes to mind, or is just plain fun ❤️
Plus, very important to me, use an object that, if I drop it, won’t make a crack in the floor at the gym, or fall on mine or someone’s else’s foot and hurt them! 😂
I highly recommend this article from SilverSneakers.
Follow it’s links. Bookmark the pages.
Try it out! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Nov 14, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Paintings: 3 Cups, In the Light; Gold’s Gym; Senior Fitness – Nov 14, 2019
- My Day Ahead – Nov 14, 2019My daily updates on goings on in my life re family, fitness, the arts, and blogging 😊 – My art across 4 decades; contemplation.
- Cobalt Fire – Tiffany Arp-Daleo Contemporary ArtA gorgeous new work from contemporary artist Tiffany Arp-Daley. She’s recently been invited into an exclusively juried show at the San Diego Art Institute for this weekend!
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Nov 13, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Creative Arts Society at Cypress Grill, The Y, Carnival squash & lunch 😊 – Nov 13, 2019
- My Day Ahead – Nov 13, 2019My daily updates on goings on in my life re family, fitness, the arts, and blogging 😊 : Paintings – Max & Grandma, In the Light; Walking
- My Most Viewed Images On Fine Art America Week of Nov 10, 2019 😊“That Driskill Hotel Dusk Looking East was top of the list wasn’t too surprising, it was recently uploaded to FAA, plus has been featured by two artist groups on Fine Art America…What did surprise me was the proportionately large number of views….”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Nov 12, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Worked w/my paintings all day ❤️ – Nov 12, 2019
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html