The carry exercise trains your entire body for ultimate function, strength, and stability. Here are six variations you can do with a kettlebell or dumbbell.
— Read on www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
Quite a title, right? 😊
I kinda discovered this exercise one day at The Y not too long after my 2nd surgery this summer, though I used a light weight ball vs a kettlebell.
Nothing I read in the article, and nothing in my previous training as an instructor with SilverSneakers, and via AFAA, indicates “something” else, could be substituted. In fact, the article has a link regarding how to decide how much weight to use or start with —
If you’re new to strength training or haven’t done it in a while, Smith suggests starting with just the weight of your body to master exercises with proper form and alignment.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/strength-training-tips/
Also, as with any good exercise idea, one can substitute other objects than a kettlebell. I like a soft, easy to grip, light weight ball. The article speaks to issues re starting, such as injuries etc, so I was lucky to 1st have experimented with this particular choice of weight (or lack of, lol! 😊)
All of the following exercises are described using a kettlebell. That’s because with kettlebells, the weight hangs below the handle, making them ideal for mimicking how you carry things in real life.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
But, to start with, to get a fantastic amount of useful enabling information, this SilverSneakers post is one of their best I’ve seen.
Attention is directed to wrist placements, which muscles work with particular variations, posture, who with what type of muscular or other problems should avoid or modify what movements….
So, my goal, at this point in my multi-surgery recovery, I’m more interested in rebuilding an even simpler aspect of real life – walking with greater and better strength and balance. Yeah, just that, lol!
For me, that means a ball soft and light enough I can toss it back and forth between my hands as I walk, pass it front to back around me – one direction then the other, do arm raises, tricep pulls, and really just about any movement – again, while walking – that feels good, comes to mind, or is just plain fun ❤️
Plus, very important to me, use an object that, if I drop it, won’t make a crack in the floor at the gym, or fall on mine or someone’s else’s foot and hurt them! 😂
I highly recommend this article from SilverSneakers.
Follow it’s links. Bookmark the pages.
Try it out! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2020Happy Thanksgiving 2020! Though we’ve obviously many many challenges and problems, we’ve also much to be grateful for.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Elle Justine @only1elle #PoetArtist“My sample above is, for me, quite haunting….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.4“Only the colorful cows on canvases, t-shirts, and life size embellished sculptures reminded him of Texas, but not of his own art….”
- Skydancer the Book, By Our Daughter, Tania, Now Available in Spanish! – Bailarina del cieloMany of my readers are familiar with my posts detailing our youngest daughter’s readings and book adventures with her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer! It’s now is also available in Spanish in a beautifully produced paper edition – Bailarina del cielo – Ballerina of the Sky!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.3“‘It’s a new visual language for me,’ he told Rosetta at a local artists’ show….”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html