The carry exercise trains your entire body for ultimate function, strength, and stability. Here are six variations you can do with a kettlebell or dumbbell.
— Read on www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
Quite a title, right? 😊
I kinda discovered this exercise one day at The Y not too long after my 2nd surgery this summer, though I used a light weight ball vs a kettlebell.
Nothing I read in the article, and nothing in my previous training as an instructor with SilverSneakers, and via AFAA, indicates “something” else, could be substituted. In fact, the article has a link regarding how to decide how much weight to use or start with —
If you’re new to strength training or haven’t done it in a while, Smith suggests starting with just the weight of your body to master exercises with proper form and alignment.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/strength-training-tips/
Also, as with any good exercise idea, one can substitute other objects than a kettlebell. I like a soft, easy to grip, light weight ball. The article speaks to issues re starting, such as injuries etc, so I was lucky to 1st have experimented with this particular choice of weight (or lack of, lol! 😊)
All of the following exercises are described using a kettlebell. That’s because with kettlebells, the weight hangs below the handle, making them ideal for mimicking how you carry things in real life.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
But, to start with, to get a fantastic amount of useful enabling information, this SilverSneakers post is one of their best I’ve seen.
Attention is directed to wrist placements, which muscles work with particular variations, posture, who with what type of muscular or other problems should avoid or modify what movements….
So, my goal, at this point in my multi-surgery recovery, I’m more interested in rebuilding an even simpler aspect of real life – walking with greater and better strength and balance. Yeah, just that, lol!
For me, that means a ball soft and light enough I can toss it back and forth between my hands as I walk, pass it front to back around me – one direction then the other, do arm raises, tricep pulls, and really just about any movement – again, while walking – that feels good, comes to mind, or is just plain fun ❤️
Plus, very important to me, use an object that, if I drop it, won’t make a crack in the floor at the gym, or fall on mine or someone’s else’s foot and hurt them! 😂
I highly recommend this article from SilverSneakers.
Follow it’s links. Bookmark the pages.
Try it out! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html