The carry exercise trains your entire body for ultimate function, strength, and stability. Here are six variations you can do with a kettlebell or dumbbell.
— Read on www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
Quite a title, right? 😊
I kinda discovered this exercise one day at The Y not too long after my 2nd surgery this summer, though I used a light weight ball vs a kettlebell.
Nothing I read in the article, and nothing in my previous training as an instructor with SilverSneakers, and via AFAA, indicates “something” else, could be substituted. In fact, the article has a link regarding how to decide how much weight to use or start with —
If you’re new to strength training or haven’t done it in a while, Smith suggests starting with just the weight of your body to master exercises with proper form and alignment.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/strength-training-tips/
Also, as with any good exercise idea, one can substitute other objects than a kettlebell. I like a soft, easy to grip, light weight ball. The article speaks to issues re starting, such as injuries etc, so I was lucky to 1st have experimented with this particular choice of weight (or lack of, lol! 😊)
All of the following exercises are described using a kettlebell. That’s because with kettlebells, the weight hangs below the handle, making them ideal for mimicking how you carry things in real life.https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/the-most-deceiving-and-effective-exercise-of-all-time-kettlebell-carry/
But, to start with, to get a fantastic amount of useful enabling information, this SilverSneakers post is one of their best I’ve seen.
Attention is directed to wrist placements, which muscles work with particular variations, posture, who with what type of muscular or other problems should avoid or modify what movements….
So, my goal, at this point in my multi-surgery recovery, I’m more interested in rebuilding an even simpler aspect of real life – walking with greater and better strength and balance. Yeah, just that, lol!
For me, that means a ball soft and light enough I can toss it back and forth between my hands as I walk, pass it front to back around me – one direction then the other, do arm raises, tricep pulls, and really just about any movement – again, while walking – that feels good, comes to mind, or is just plain fun ❤️
Plus, very important to me, use an object that, if I drop it, won’t make a crack in the floor at the gym, or fall on mine or someone’s else’s foot and hurt them! 😂
I highly recommend this article from SilverSneakers.
Follow it’s links. Bookmark the pages.
Try it out! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
- February 27, 2021 – (Manageable) Adverse Reaction After My 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re Reporting Adverse Reaction InfoIt’s been an interesting slight roller coaster for me since getting my 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots recently!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html