Well, I’ve tried a grid system (again), which did help, though it’s a lot of work, lol! And above is my image from my 1st post re also trying out Fineline’s Liquid Masking.
I’m still experimenting with the masking fluid, including the partially seen 6×6 canvas beneath the next stage of using the masking fluid on Violet Blooms in the pic below. That partial image should be my next masking fluid post, with a lot more pics and some interesting decisions I made regarding the masked areas 😊
So in the pic above, I’ve removed one portion of the dried masking fluid, the white strip bottom left with the red arrow pointing to it.
I’d washed in the dark background areas, but lightly, as I’ve read recommended in several articles and books I’m browsing re using watercolors (new to me), esp the first washes.
Turns out this method (for me) is also not 100% foolproof, at least in regard to getting the right areas masked, etc. But I really think this is more to do with a learning curve, both in regard to watercolor choices in general, and using masking fluid for and with those choices.
In other words, the usual creative stuff, lol! 😊
Above, the fully peeled masking tape reveals where I’ve washed in color and areas still white on the absorbent ground.
It lines up “pretty good” with the photo, and I like the way Fineline’s Masking Fluid applicator tip allowed me to define the shape of sharper and/or thinner edges better than I usually am able to with brushes.
I haven’t written a review for this product yet on Amazon, but should. It’s worked really well for me. I think my hesitation’s been because I had to ask for a replacement (which Amazon did immediately).
Not used to working with stuff like this, ie, applicators with sticky stuff lol 😂, I either didn’t clean the needle well enough, or the fluid was defective to begin with. Either way, depending on the cap to keep fluid within the needle from hardening is not a good idea 😊
Either way, a really useful fun creative art tool.
I you know of other tips using this product, or others like it, with applicator needle tips, please post in the comments!
I’ll finish with a combo teaser-reminder to myself about the partially seen other image I’m trying masking tape with. Posted below is what I now call, First Twinkle of Snow.
The texture pattern I allowed to remain on Golden’s Absorbent Ground – vs smoothing out more – gave me the impression of tall thin trees in the woods, and, as my creative pattern, one thing lead to another ❤️
May your creative efforts be more rewarding than frustrating!
It helps me to remember that most fun things are a mix of something or other, lol! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
- Flowering at Dawn – New Watercolor with Absorbent Ground Painting Progress Update 03.13.20 Plus Thoughts on the Virus Crisis 😊Having interests, passions even, one can pursue, and let’s say pursue relatively easily, is important for everyone, but especially, I think, for young children and for older adults. I’ll let each person decide what an older adult, or a young child, lol, is, age-wise 💕
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 12 – Snow Waterfront Park Walk, Digital Art Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Snow Waterfront Park Walk ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/snow-waterfront-park-walk-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Closed my eBay Listings, For Now 03.11.20In my continuing effort to grapple with getting a handle on my time, combined with the fees and lack of sales, I’ve suspended my listings on eBay for now.To be fair, due to time choices, I didn’t do as much advertising and social media as I could have, at least without taking more time out […]
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 11 – Orange Sky Tree Tops, Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Orange Sky Tree Tops ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/orange-sky-tree-tops-felipe-adan-lerma.html
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html