Well, I’ve tried a grid system (again), which did help, though it’s a lot of work, lol! And above is my image from my 1st post re also trying out Fineline’s Liquid Masking.
I’m still experimenting with the masking fluid, including the partially seen 6×6 canvas beneath the next stage of using the masking fluid on Violet Blooms in the pic below. That partial image should be my next masking fluid post, with a lot more pics and some interesting decisions I made regarding the masked areas 😊
So in the pic above, I’ve removed one portion of the dried masking fluid, the white strip bottom left with the red arrow pointing to it.
I’d washed in the dark background areas, but lightly, as I’ve read recommended in several articles and books I’m browsing re using watercolors (new to me), esp the first washes.
Turns out this method (for me) is also not 100% foolproof, at least in regard to getting the right areas masked, etc. But I really think this is more to do with a learning curve, both in regard to watercolor choices in general, and using masking fluid for and with those choices.
In other words, the usual creative stuff, lol! 😊
Above, the fully peeled masking tape reveals where I’ve washed in color and areas still white on the absorbent ground.
It lines up “pretty good” with the photo, and I like the way Fineline’s Masking Fluid applicator tip allowed me to define the shape of sharper and/or thinner edges better than I usually am able to with brushes.
I haven’t written a review for this product yet on Amazon, but should. It’s worked really well for me. I think my hesitation’s been because I had to ask for a replacement (which Amazon did immediately).
Not used to working with stuff like this, ie, applicators with sticky stuff lol 😂, I either didn’t clean the needle well enough, or the fluid was defective to begin with. Either way, depending on the cap to keep fluid within the needle from hardening is not a good idea 😊
Either way, a really useful fun creative art tool.
I you know of other tips using this product, or others like it, with applicator needle tips, please post in the comments!
I’ll finish with a combo teaser-reminder to myself about the partially seen other image I’m trying masking tape with. Posted below is what I now call, First Twinkle of Snow.
The texture pattern I allowed to remain on Golden’s Absorbent Ground – vs smoothing out more – gave me the impression of tall thin trees in the woods, and, as my creative pattern, one thing lead to another ❤️
May your creative efforts be more rewarding than frustrating!
It helps me to remember that most fun things are a mix of something or other, lol! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html