Well, I’ve tried a grid system (again), which did help, though it’s a lot of work, lol! And above is my image from my 1st post re also trying out Fineline’s Liquid Masking.
I’m still experimenting with the masking fluid, including the partially seen 6×6 canvas beneath the next stage of using the masking fluid on Violet Blooms in the pic below. That partial image should be my next masking fluid post, with a lot more pics and some interesting decisions I made regarding the masked areas 😊
So in the pic above, I’ve removed one portion of the dried masking fluid, the white strip bottom left with the red arrow pointing to it.
I’d washed in the dark background areas, but lightly, as I’ve read recommended in several articles and books I’m browsing re using watercolors (new to me), esp the first washes.
Turns out this method (for me) is also not 100% foolproof, at least in regard to getting the right areas masked, etc. But I really think this is more to do with a learning curve, both in regard to watercolor choices in general, and using masking fluid for and with those choices.
In other words, the usual creative stuff, lol! 😊
Above, the fully peeled masking tape reveals where I’ve washed in color and areas still white on the absorbent ground.
It lines up “pretty good” with the photo, and I like the way Fineline’s Masking Fluid applicator tip allowed me to define the shape of sharper and/or thinner edges better than I usually am able to with brushes.
I haven’t written a review for this product yet on Amazon, but should. It’s worked really well for me. I think my hesitation’s been because I had to ask for a replacement (which Amazon did immediately).
Not used to working with stuff like this, ie, applicators with sticky stuff lol 😂, I either didn’t clean the needle well enough, or the fluid was defective to begin with. Either way, depending on the cap to keep fluid within the needle from hardening is not a good idea 😊
Either way, a really useful fun creative art tool.
I you know of other tips using this product, or others like it, with applicator needle tips, please post in the comments!
I’ll finish with a combo teaser-reminder to myself about the partially seen other image I’m trying masking tape with. Posted below is what I now call, First Twinkle of Snow.
The texture pattern I allowed to remain on Golden’s Absorbent Ground – vs smoothing out more – gave me the impression of tall thin trees in the woods, and, as my creative pattern, one thing lead to another ❤️
May your creative efforts be more rewarding than frustrating!
It helps me to remember that most fun things are a mix of something or other, lol! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html