Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Stretching in the morning
Typically, most lists include 3 types of stretching (other more!) and up til recently I usually started my morning with light dynamic stretches (overheads, etc).
But the last few mornings I’ve switched to static held stretches, more commonly used to cool down from a vigorous session or walk.
I’ve needed that!
Stretching my arms up slowly, then holding them for 30 seconds or so, feeling stiff muscles loosen and lengthen, making my movements easier and more fluid.
After that point I can gently push into more dynamic stretches, warming the body up for, well, to be honest, first coffee, lol! ☕️ And then getting more active 😊
I’d written several posts about stretching, way back when I first started my blog 2011, but most recently got a great gentle Yoga Flow reminder of stretching and stretching with movement with SilverSneakers’ most recent of their series of live (then available on demand) FREE on FB.
These live sessions are only 30 minutes, and of course you can pause and stop them at any point. Very handy option somethings 😊
All in all, we’re very fortunate to live in a time that in the midst of possibly one the worst pandemics in known history, we have access to these much needed easy to apply tonics of health 💕
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search for benefits of Static Stretches (including release of tension & being able to relax!) – https://www.google.com/search?q=benefits+of+static+stretches&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Elle Justine @only1elle #PoetArtist“My sample above is, for me, quite haunting….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.4“Only the colorful cows on canvases, t-shirts, and life size embellished sculptures reminded him of Texas, but not of his own art….”
- Skydancer the Book, By Our Daughter, Tania, Now Available in Spanish! – Bailarina del cieloMany of my readers are familiar with my posts detailing our youngest daughter’s readings and book adventures with her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer! It’s now is also available in Spanish in a beautifully produced paper edition – Bailarina del cielo – Ballerina of the Sky!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.3“‘It’s a new visual language for me,’ he told Rosetta at a local artists’ show….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.2“Arturo keenly felt an absence in his new work.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html