Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Stretching in the morning
Typically, most lists include 3 types of stretching (other more!) and up til recently I usually started my morning with light dynamic stretches (overheads, etc).
But the last few mornings I’ve switched to static held stretches, more commonly used to cool down from a vigorous session or walk.
I’ve needed that!
Stretching my arms up slowly, then holding them for 30 seconds or so, feeling stiff muscles loosen and lengthen, making my movements easier and more fluid.
After that point I can gently push into more dynamic stretches, warming the body up for, well, to be honest, first coffee, lol! ☕️ And then getting more active 😊
I’d written several posts about stretching, way back when I first started my blog 2011, but most recently got a great gentle Yoga Flow reminder of stretching and stretching with movement with SilverSneakers’ most recent of their series of live (then available on demand) FREE on FB.
These live sessions are only 30 minutes, and of course you can pause and stop them at any point. Very handy option somethings 😊
All in all, we’re very fortunate to live in a time that in the midst of possibly one the worst pandemics in known history, we have access to these much needed easy to apply tonics of health 💕
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search for benefits of Static Stretches (including release of tension & being able to relax!) – https://www.google.com/search?q=benefits+of+static+stretches&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 18, 2020A superb article, mostly for two reasons. One, it covers a huge range of our everyday activities. Two, it differentiates into most the activities, delineating what makes it risky or less so, in general.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html