Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Stretching in the morning
Typically, most lists include 3 types of stretching (other more!) and up til recently I usually started my morning with light dynamic stretches (overheads, etc).
But the last few mornings I’ve switched to static held stretches, more commonly used to cool down from a vigorous session or walk.
I’ve needed that!
Stretching my arms up slowly, then holding them for 30 seconds or so, feeling stiff muscles loosen and lengthen, making my movements easier and more fluid.
After that point I can gently push into more dynamic stretches, warming the body up for, well, to be honest, first coffee, lol! ☕️ And then getting more active 😊
I’d written several posts about stretching, way back when I first started my blog 2011, but most recently got a great gentle Yoga Flow reminder of stretching and stretching with movement with SilverSneakers’ most recent of their series of live (then available on demand) FREE on FB.
These live sessions are only 30 minutes, and of course you can pause and stop them at any point. Very handy option somethings 😊
All in all, we’re very fortunate to live in a time that in the midst of possibly one the worst pandemics in known history, we have access to these much needed easy to apply tonics of health 💕
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search for benefits of Static Stretches (including release of tension & being able to relax!) – https://www.google.com/search?q=benefits+of+static+stretches&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html