Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
New Black Absorbent Ground Watercolor 6x6s from Late April 2020
Nude with Robe Night
Yesterday’s post, with the 1st of 3 new watercolor gouache paintings on black absorbent ground, Moonlight Goblet, continues with my 2nd piece, experimenting using M. Graham white watercolor gouache (vs acrylic gouache) is Nude with Robe Night.
I had to work the lines to get the curves to get the feeling I wanted in this image. Part of the resetting and lifting of the water based gouache can be seen in the scruffiness to the left of the lady, and on the right side of her right elbow.
More black absorbent ground can replenish the original ground and completely cover the scruffiness, but something about the modulation to the background, without adding more than the small crescent moon and my sig, seems to satisfy this painting for me.
Neither this or Moonlight Goblet have been “fixed” with Spectrafix spray or varnished yet, but I think the work will hold up well, esp with the spray varnish which finishes matte tone.
I was of course extremely tempted to immediately dive into trying to produce more fine lined works like this on black absorbent ground, and maybe white acrylic on black gesso on canvas, but I have a few more experiments to follow through on.
Tomorrow’s work, Dancer in Moonlight, I’ll present is another figure, but much more sketchy expressive, but not, I feel, overly so. I hope you’ll tune in to see and let me know 😊
A final note for now on Nude with Robe Night, I especially liked how I progressed working the intensity level of the white gouache (which is opaque) from faint to bright white. I’m very far from where I’m want to be with that technique, but at least I feel I touched on what I want to eventually achieve ❤️
Stay well everyone! And cool, lol! Got to near 100 here in Austin today (don’t ask the heat index), but a “cool” front taking us down to the mid/upper 80s is due tomorrow. Ahhh, the small blessings so important this time of year here in Central Texas ❤️
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Spectrafix general search – https://amzn.to/2LtejP8
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 10, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Max Jumping Steps
- May 10, 2021 – Reblog : Mother’s Day, 2021 via Abigail JohnstonYesterday I wrote a slightly unconventional Mother’s Day in terms of my usual posts, and today I saw a belated Mother’s Day post via Abigail Johnston via her site, No Half Measures, Living Out Loud, that spoke out to me….
- May 09, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Filtered LightAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 09, 2021 – This Mother’s Day : The True Starting Point of the New Aquarian Age?“Maybe there’s more than a curious reason my wife is Aquarius sun to my own Aquarian moon. And my own mom is my polar opposite – and thus compliment – on my solar wheel.”
- May 08, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, My New Art Room Taking Shape : Stirring Up Thoughts and Feelings
- May 08, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊