“‘If we do not make significant change right now then we are going to be in a situation within the next week to two weeks where I’m going to have to make the recommendation to the mayor and judge that we shut down,’ Austin Public Health interim Medical Director Dr. Mark Escott said at a news conference Wednesday.”
Austin has quickly reached a crossroads of choices that may or may not prevent the city and area from having to shut down again.
I won’t elaborate on the details of this relatively short but quote and information filled article, but encourage you to read the wide level of doctors within the area with differing jurisdictions expressing connecting aspects of the crisis brewing in Austin.
The mandatory mask order by Mayor Adler (just recently allowed to all Texas mayors by the governor) has, from what little Sheila and I have seen in class at the gym, and in the grocery and drugstore, has already had the significant impact of reducing folks willing to be out and inside stores etc without a mask.
Clearly felt is that a full shut down is still avoidable, is further measures are both taken, and enforced. The demographic of the folks now being admitted in growing numbers to the area hospitals, the article says, has significantly changed.
I myself, due to a flare up of my year round allergies, and the imminent arrival of a huge dust cloud from the Sahara Desert here in Texas the next few days, chose not to venture into downtown with art for the summer consignors’ art gallery show at the Old Bakery and Emporium. Not a decision I lightly made, but just couldn’t convince myself it was the right thing for me to do right now.
Hope to have new reviews of more mystery shows, like The Brokenwood Mysteries, up soon! Plus pics of more newly uploaded watercolor paintings to Fine Art America.
Stay well everyone ❤️
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Brokenwood Mysteries (New Zealand) – Queens of Mystery (UK) – Murdock Mysteries (Canada)
Acorn TV – https://amzn.to/3fT3DD4
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Elle Justine @only1elle #PoetArtist“My sample above is, for me, quite haunting….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.4“Only the colorful cows on canvases, t-shirts, and life size embellished sculptures reminded him of Texas, but not of his own art….”
- Skydancer the Book, By Our Daughter, Tania, Now Available in Spanish! – Bailarina del cieloMany of my readers are familiar with my posts detailing our youngest daughter’s readings and book adventures with her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer! It’s now is also available in Spanish in a beautifully produced paper edition – Bailarina del cielo – Ballerina of the Sky!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.3“‘It’s a new visual language for me,’ he told Rosetta at a local artists’ show….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.2“Arturo keenly felt an absence in his new work.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html