Well, it’s not like we haven’t been busy, lol!
Between Austin and the other major metro areas in Texas going back into partial shutdown and restrictions, watching fabulous new-to-us mysteries on Acorn TV, a tiny ‘mount of time social distancing with the youngest grandchild, renewed SilverSneakers fitness classes at Gold’s Gym (eventually a new post re our creative use of bandannas for face mask for easier breathing during exercise), “some” painting, lots of eating and morning walks, oh, and yes, sleeping 😴 , we’ve also been “very” slowly, mostly early mornings or late evenings ‘cause of the horrible heat in Austin, been gardening our balcony into a bit of a green haven! 💐
Some things are old, some new, some we got, some either our son or youngest girl and the grandson’ve given us, but nature accommodates most things in the wild, and luckily, so far, on our balcony 😊
The bird feeder seen immediately above got moved to a hook and chain I attached to the top of the balcony rim, the bench is from an 1885 house Sheila and I once owned in Galveston (both our fav house ever ❤️), lots of the tiny plants are from the grandson and his mommy 💕, the palm is something new we got, and the Eiffel Tower is a gift Sheila got me after our 1st trip to Paris way back 2001 or so!
This little creature showed up in the tower one day and seemed very much at home 😊
Eventually he (she?) worked its way up into the observation deck and gave us a good look!
Now, contrast to the top pic, shows how many more plants we’ve gotten! The open ceramic pot’s from HEB and we’re looking for a couple more to complete all the re-pottings.
And the bird bath and now hanging feeder are already drawing a few visitors – we just haven’t caught them on camera yet. I saw three little ones at one time a few days ago, and Sheila saw three small ones come one at a time yesterday evening. One splashed into the bird bath, lol!
I saw my three from inside, but she saw hers while sitting out on the balcony!
I told her, “They know a bird bath mamma when they see one, bringing her own bird bath – wine glass 🍷 – right up to her lips!” 💕
Stay well everyone! 😊
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Birds Butterflies & Critters picture gallery at Fine Art America –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 20, 2021 – Happy Father’s Day!Xxxxxxxx
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊