Well, it’s not like we haven’t been busy, lol!
Between Austin and the other major metro areas in Texas going back into partial shutdown and restrictions, watching fabulous new-to-us mysteries on Acorn TV, a tiny ‘mount of time social distancing with the youngest grandchild, renewed SilverSneakers fitness classes at Gold’s Gym (eventually a new post re our creative use of bandannas for face mask for easier breathing during exercise), “some” painting, lots of eating and morning walks, oh, and yes, sleeping 😴 , we’ve also been “very” slowly, mostly early mornings or late evenings ‘cause of the horrible heat in Austin, been gardening our balcony into a bit of a green haven! 💐
Some things are old, some new, some we got, some either our son or youngest girl and the grandson’ve given us, but nature accommodates most things in the wild, and luckily, so far, on our balcony 😊
The bird feeder seen immediately above got moved to a hook and chain I attached to the top of the balcony rim, the bench is from an 1885 house Sheila and I once owned in Galveston (both our fav house ever ❤️), lots of the tiny plants are from the grandson and his mommy 💕, the palm is something new we got, and the Eiffel Tower is a gift Sheila got me after our 1st trip to Paris way back 2001 or so!
This little creature showed up in the tower one day and seemed very much at home 😊
Eventually he (she?) worked its way up into the observation deck and gave us a good look!
Now, contrast to the top pic, shows how many more plants we’ve gotten! The open ceramic pot’s from HEB and we’re looking for a couple more to complete all the re-pottings.
And the bird bath and now hanging feeder are already drawing a few visitors – we just haven’t caught them on camera yet. I saw three little ones at one time a few days ago, and Sheila saw three small ones come one at a time yesterday evening. One splashed into the bird bath, lol!
I saw my three from inside, but she saw hers while sitting out on the balcony!
I told her, “They know a bird bath mamma when they see one, bringing her own bird bath – wine glass 🍷 – right up to her lips!” 💕
Stay well everyone! 😊
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Birds Butterflies & Critters picture gallery at Fine Art America –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.11“Maybe now, in my sixties, he thought, my days are like weeks now….”
- The Old American Artist by Felipe Adan Lerma – Twitter Excerpt SeriesLooking back at older work, like my 80s acrylics or 2000s water soluble oils, can be lots of things : sobering 😂 and, when I spot patterns of motifs or preferences in my work, very helpful for me, enabling me to see enduring patterns of interests. The same, it turns out, even with its own variations, is true for other art forms I’ve worked out most my life, like writing, whether patterns of expression and beliefs within my blog posts, or, in the case of The Old American Artist – a semi-autobiographical literally fiction-like novella, connections right back to my most enduring focus. Art ❤️
- My Return to Regular Pricing @FineArtAmerica July 2020It’s been a few months since I started my $1 pricing markup experiment on Fine Art America. It was a worthwhile experiment, where I was hoping to generate more interest in my work in general, plus rack up a few low profit but visibility expanding sales 😊
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Painting In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Details One Week ApartI’ve worked on Lady in Paris 1889 in-between some smaller watercolor (vs acrylic pieces), though a lot of the new touches to this work have been watercolor paint w/matte acrylic medium, basically making it an acrylic, but with some watercolor features, like the particular pigments I really wanted to use 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Update with SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym with Curt HollandLast week I post a more in-depth post, pictures & info, of the SilverSneakers Stability class Sheila and I take with Curt Holland at Gold’s Gym here in Austin, promising to update with a shot I thought I’d taken but, well, didn’t take, lol! That’s the shot above 😊
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Midnight in Paris” Viewed a Decade Later – Better Than I’d Realized – 5 Stars +Yet, familiar as it was, watching it again yesterday, half in the afternoon, the other half before bed (yeah, a luxury of both staying-home and being retired ❤️), remembering how enchanted we’d been seeing this together, ten years ago – it was like it was brand new again!
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – Sold My 1st Face Mask, a Paris Mask! @FineArtAmerica!A quick post to announce & celebrate selling my first face mask! Special thanks to my buyer in Ohio! ❤️
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html