Well, it’s not like we haven’t been busy, lol!
Between Austin and the other major metro areas in Texas going back into partial shutdown and restrictions, watching fabulous new-to-us mysteries on Acorn TV, a tiny ‘mount of time social distancing with the youngest grandchild, renewed SilverSneakers fitness classes at Gold’s Gym (eventually a new post re our creative use of bandannas for face mask for easier breathing during exercise), “some” painting, lots of eating and morning walks, oh, and yes, sleeping 😴 , we’ve also been “very” slowly, mostly early mornings or late evenings ‘cause of the horrible heat in Austin, been gardening our balcony into a bit of a green haven! 💐
Some things are old, some new, some we got, some either our son or youngest girl and the grandson’ve given us, but nature accommodates most things in the wild, and luckily, so far, on our balcony 😊
The bird feeder seen immediately above got moved to a hook and chain I attached to the top of the balcony rim, the bench is from an 1885 house Sheila and I once owned in Galveston (both our fav house ever ❤️), lots of the tiny plants are from the grandson and his mommy 💕, the palm is something new we got, and the Eiffel Tower is a gift Sheila got me after our 1st trip to Paris way back 2001 or so!
This little creature showed up in the tower one day and seemed very much at home 😊
Eventually he (she?) worked its way up into the observation deck and gave us a good look!
Now, contrast to the top pic, shows how many more plants we’ve gotten! The open ceramic pot’s from HEB and we’re looking for a couple more to complete all the re-pottings.
And the bird bath and now hanging feeder are already drawing a few visitors – we just haven’t caught them on camera yet. I saw three little ones at one time a few days ago, and Sheila saw three small ones come one at a time yesterday evening. One splashed into the bird bath, lol!
I saw my three from inside, but she saw hers while sitting out on the balcony!
I told her, “They know a bird bath mamma when they see one, bringing her own bird bath – wine glass 🍷 – right up to her lips!” 💕
Stay well everyone! 😊
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Birds Butterflies & Critters picture gallery at Fine Art America –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊