Well, it’s not like we haven’t been busy, lol!
Between Austin and the other major metro areas in Texas going back into partial shutdown and restrictions, watching fabulous new-to-us mysteries on Acorn TV, a tiny ‘mount of time social distancing with the youngest grandchild, renewed SilverSneakers fitness classes at Gold’s Gym (eventually a new post re our creative use of bandannas for face mask for easier breathing during exercise), “some” painting, lots of eating and morning walks, oh, and yes, sleeping 😴 , we’ve also been “very” slowly, mostly early mornings or late evenings ‘cause of the horrible heat in Austin, been gardening our balcony into a bit of a green haven! 💐
Some things are old, some new, some we got, some either our son or youngest girl and the grandson’ve given us, but nature accommodates most things in the wild, and luckily, so far, on our balcony 😊
The bird feeder seen immediately above got moved to a hook and chain I attached to the top of the balcony rim, the bench is from an 1885 house Sheila and I once owned in Galveston (both our fav house ever ❤️), lots of the tiny plants are from the grandson and his mommy 💕, the palm is something new we got, and the Eiffel Tower is a gift Sheila got me after our 1st trip to Paris way back 2001 or so!
This little creature showed up in the tower one day and seemed very much at home 😊
Eventually he (she?) worked its way up into the observation deck and gave us a good look!
Now, contrast to the top pic, shows how many more plants we’ve gotten! The open ceramic pot’s from HEB and we’re looking for a couple more to complete all the re-pottings.
And the bird bath and now hanging feeder are already drawing a few visitors – we just haven’t caught them on camera yet. I saw three little ones at one time a few days ago, and Sheila saw three small ones come one at a time yesterday evening. One splashed into the bird bath, lol!
I saw my three from inside, but she saw hers while sitting out on the balcony!
I told her, “They know a bird bath mamma when they see one, bringing her own bird bath – wine glass 🍷 – right up to her lips!” 💕
Stay well everyone! 😊
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Birds Butterflies & Critters picture gallery at Fine Art America –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
What a great little balcony garden! We just set up a hummingbird feeder right outside our living room window, I love watching them come and go all day, so cute!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh, that sounds wonderful! We get these few but I think it’ll build in time. Watching them just gives one such an amazing feeling about life I think! So glad ya’ll have that feeder! ❤️
[…] a very quick update post w/pics Sheila caught of one of her suitors, uh, bird visitors 😊 Yesterday’s post gave some very nice close up of the various garden items we have now, and as we can, we’ll be switching some of the potted flowering plants into the […]
LikeLiked by 1 person