Well, it’s not like we haven’t been busy, lol!
Between Austin and the other major metro areas in Texas going back into partial shutdown and restrictions, watching fabulous new-to-us mysteries on Acorn TV, a tiny ‘mount of time social distancing with the youngest grandchild, renewed SilverSneakers fitness classes at Gold’s Gym (eventually a new post re our creative use of bandannas for face mask for easier breathing during exercise), “some” painting, lots of eating and morning walks, oh, and yes, sleeping 😴 , we’ve also been “very” slowly, mostly early mornings or late evenings ‘cause of the horrible heat in Austin, been gardening our balcony into a bit of a green haven! 💐
Some things are old, some new, some we got, some either our son or youngest girl and the grandson’ve given us, but nature accommodates most things in the wild, and luckily, so far, on our balcony 😊
The bird feeder seen immediately above got moved to a hook and chain I attached to the top of the balcony rim, the bench is from an 1885 house Sheila and I once owned in Galveston (both our fav house ever ❤️), lots of the tiny plants are from the grandson and his mommy 💕, the palm is something new we got, and the Eiffel Tower is a gift Sheila got me after our 1st trip to Paris way back 2001 or so!
This little creature showed up in the tower one day and seemed very much at home 😊
Eventually he (she?) worked its way up into the observation deck and gave us a good look!
Now, contrast to the top pic, shows how many more plants we’ve gotten! The open ceramic pot’s from HEB and we’re looking for a couple more to complete all the re-pottings.
And the bird bath and now hanging feeder are already drawing a few visitors – we just haven’t caught them on camera yet. I saw three little ones at one time a few days ago, and Sheila saw three small ones come one at a time yesterday evening. One splashed into the bird bath, lol!
I saw my three from inside, but she saw hers while sitting out on the balcony!
I told her, “They know a bird bath mamma when they see one, bringing her own bird bath – wine glass 🍷 – right up to her lips!” 💕
Stay well everyone! 😊
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Birds Butterflies & Critters picture gallery at Fine Art America –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊