1st Live Stability Class Since March! 🤸♀️
Well, ok, we didn’t do any handstands, lol!
But Sheila and I did go to our first stability class since at least early March, if not late February, on Monday morning!
Class length was 30 minutes to allow time for sanitizing chairs etc before the next class, and I actually like the slightly shorter format, matched what SilverSneakers offers in live and recorded classes via their Facebook page – shorter class lets me recover quicker and be able to do more days of routines! 😊
The instructor for this class hasn’t changed from the spring. Curt is a big very strong guy who also is a trainer at the gym. He offered to become certified by SilverSneakers, learn more about senior health and fitness, and, being almost a senior himself, has a great comprehension of fitness challenges during the aging (gracefully hopefully ❤️) process.
I asked him after class if at next week’s class I can take his picture and use it on a followup post here on my site & he’s ok with it! Yay! So hopefully next week I’ll be able to show you how this guy balances etc!
As per my previous Aging Gracefully post, last Friday Sheila and I went to our very first live class at all, a SilverSneakers yoga class with Chelsea, and it’s really great to see Gold’s Gym continue with a wide variety of classes for seniors! Like this coming Thursday, we’ll try another new SilverSneakers instructor for what’s called SilverSneakers Classic (variety of exercises vs a focus on one area). It’s good to have more choices, and it’ll be good that masks’ll be required for everyone starting this week – at least until the 7 day moving average of hospitalizations here in Austin recedes and stabilizes again (more details on this also in June 19th Covid post).
Til then, take care everyone! Stay active as reasonable, happy as needed! 😊
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html