1st Live Stability Class Since March! 🤸♀️
Well, ok, we didn’t do any handstands, lol!
But Sheila and I did go to our first stability class since at least early March, if not late February, on Monday morning!
Class length was 30 minutes to allow time for sanitizing chairs etc before the next class, and I actually like the slightly shorter format, matched what SilverSneakers offers in live and recorded classes via their Facebook page – shorter class lets me recover quicker and be able to do more days of routines! 😊
The instructor for this class hasn’t changed from the spring. Curt is a big very strong guy who also is a trainer at the gym. He offered to become certified by SilverSneakers, learn more about senior health and fitness, and, being almost a senior himself, has a great comprehension of fitness challenges during the aging (gracefully hopefully ❤️) process.
I asked him after class if at next week’s class I can take his picture and use it on a followup post here on my site & he’s ok with it! Yay! So hopefully next week I’ll be able to show you how this guy balances etc!
As per my previous Aging Gracefully post, last Friday Sheila and I went to our very first live class at all, a SilverSneakers yoga class with Chelsea, and it’s really great to see Gold’s Gym continue with a wide variety of classes for seniors! Like this coming Thursday, we’ll try another new SilverSneakers instructor for what’s called SilverSneakers Classic (variety of exercises vs a focus on one area). It’s good to have more choices, and it’ll be good that masks’ll be required for everyone starting this week – at least until the 7 day moving average of hospitalizations here in Austin recedes and stabilizes again (more details on this also in June 19th Covid post).
Til then, take care everyone! Stay active as reasonable, happy as needed! 😊
My Aging Gracefully, Covid-19 series –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Morning View Walk in a Light RainI left off our car at a shop we’re trying out near our place for numerous routine minor stuff and walked the short distance back. Luckily I had an umbrella….
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html