I did think of doing an April Fool’s post for fun, then thought, nah.
And I contemplated a longer post about my plans re what and how to do my next line art with wash joined to one of my poems, thinking maybe Middle School Teacher next, then a yoga one, then back to others in my Volleyball series, especially considering Volleyball Setter was last week’s most viewed image on my Fine Art America site, and pulled back on that one too.
I needed to load our car over “many” trips down the stairs with boxes we want stored in our new storage space. And, we had a nice order filled and waiting for us to pick up at Total Wine. Plus, we were almost out of bananas (and other stuff) and needed to stop at Sprouts to get groceries.
And, temps were scheduled to start falling by noon with wind at gale force (or so) – now that, thankfully, like my contemplations ’bout an April Fool’s post and my next digital/poem combos, just didn’t happen, lol!
But we did get the car loaded and unloaded over at our new storage, did pick-up our wine order via curb service, and did – as usual – a larger than planned grocery run (including a freshly baked chocolate muffin our grandson Max favors) 😊
We had a great lunch of veggies and mussels, then went back to work sorting and boxing.
Til we got tired and watched 1/2 a Midsomer Murders (’bout 50 minutes).
And finally, I sat down to paint again. Like I did the day before.
I was exhausted, but wanting to paint.
Here’s a screenshot of my fitness tracker app just a little later that evening. Lot of steps, stairs, and more telling, lots of intensity minutes for 3 days into the week. Pace, pace, pace 😂
And looking back at my blog posts and beginning this painting (listed individually below), I realized it was the 1st time working on this acrylic Paris painting in nearly a year! That happens sometimes. And I’m not feeling pressed to finish this any time soon. I feel there’s too much still revealing itself to me ’bout how this is to be painted.
That’s been true of this work since the beginning, when what’s now a “lady” was a bush, lol!
Maybe this particular painting is its own continual April Fool’s prank on me.
Continually, pleasantly, surprising me ♥️
Stay safe everyone!
ps – will be trying to upload a small finished watercolor from last week onto Fine Art America later today; we’ll see how the time goes.
ps ps – here’s the posts I could find from last year re starting Lady in Paris 1889 (the year the Eiffel Tower opened)
Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Paintings In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Paris Arm Chair View (July 02, 2020)
Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Painting In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Details One Week Apart (July 08, 2020)
I hope to have some decent pics to post of Lady in Paris 1889 (perpetually)-in-progress later today 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Paris –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊