Well I did wake up a bit earlier than I’ve been doing lately, but spent most my time with knickknack things re our in-process settling-in move, lol! Heavy rain and lightning passed through last night and is lingering a bit this morning.
Luckily, Sheila and I took a short 1/2 hour walk yesterday morning exploring some of the streets nearby. Maybe since we’re so near the green belt, most the streets and area around us is rumply and hilly-ish, not nearly as flat as where we lived before. This gives us more an exertion walk in a shorter time than we’re used to, but I think we’ll acclimate over time 😊
Our day into tonight and even most of tomorrow morning are mapped out with family, so here’s my day’s post; a little short but w/interesting views I hope you’ll like —
The view above is a cropped view of a spot ’bout half way through our walk. I thought the understated brick walling accented the natural growth really well 😊
Above you can see the top photo’s wall slightly obscured on the right hand side. The slope of the hill here is slight, at least til you’re on the return trip and a little tired, lol!
Above is Sheila, a little further down the same street. We’re using Google Maps to find this walking shortcut to Barton Springs Pool in Zilker Park. Apparently we can get there via the greenbelt gorge I featured a few days ago, and hopefully, eventually, we’ll make it to there on each of those path options, but it’ll be a bit, too many things needing doing. But that’s a pleasant problem 😊
Eventually, off the same street featured above, we came upon a roughly paved cut off through the vegetation. We’re not sure where it leads, but by this time we felt we needed to head back up the hills home ☺️
Here above one can see more of the slope of the roads. Very pretty and nicely challenging for us older walkers ❤️
This is a pretty crop that shows the roll of the land in this part of Austin. The city has vast stretches of flat land, a few stretches of gentle low hills, and a few places of much more rolling land. What’s neat to me is, realizing, or remembering, that a freeway or major road or clusters of buildings, and even downtown Austin, are usually just over a ridge and turn in the road.
Take care everyone!
Stay active the best ways you can; enjoy the best ways you can! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Austin Texas Wall Art Skyline –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊