Week ago I uploaded my 1st image of the greenbelt near our new location in Austin (off one of my blog posts), and I’ll readily admit, I’ll think some of images since then are even more impressive – but – I really like a lot of things ’bout this pic (beyond the great memory of having “discovered” this new-to-us gem in the heart of Austin) – enough so I wanted to try sketching it, then maybe even painting it. My art supplies are nebulous in my box filled art room, lol, but, as with some of my other images (paintings and photos), I can “do” things digitally on my iPad via Affinity Photo which both give me practice and give me true sense of being creative ❤️
The original image, seen below, has, it turns out, a lot going on for it that doing a sketch then a value study revealed to me, particularly how nicely the depth comes through.
And I did leave off the 3 or 4 darker value areas on the left side of the bank among the green. My feeling was I was better off with a flat value then adding the more (than the right side’s dark areas) modulated deep shading. We’ll see how all that comes out 😊
My hope is to do various monochrome (all blue or red, etc) wash-value studies, with the line art in place.
If that’ll be on the fly off the digital image on my iPad onto paper, or via watercolor paper preprinted with the line art portion only, or both, no idea yet. But either way, as Dianne Mize and others often point out, these’ll be both huge learning opps for me, and, fun! Even if a mess, lol!
Creativity comes in many ways, and for me, when away from it this long, kinda haltingly, but I should get my sea legs so to speak back soon enough again –
Stay creative in what ways you can – it’s like breathing – gotta do it! ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Greenbelt parks in nature” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊