Week ago I uploaded my 1st image of the greenbelt near our new location in Austin (off one of my blog posts), and I’ll readily admit, I’ll think some of images since then are even more impressive – but – I really like a lot of things ’bout this pic (beyond the great memory of having “discovered” this new-to-us gem in the heart of Austin) – enough so I wanted to try sketching it, then maybe even painting it. My art supplies are nebulous in my box filled art room, lol, but, as with some of my other images (paintings and photos), I can “do” things digitally on my iPad via Affinity Photo which both give me practice and give me true sense of being creative ❤️
The original image, seen below, has, it turns out, a lot going on for it that doing a sketch then a value study revealed to me, particularly how nicely the depth comes through.
And I did leave off the 3 or 4 darker value areas on the left side of the bank among the green. My feeling was I was better off with a flat value then adding the more (than the right side’s dark areas) modulated deep shading. We’ll see how all that comes out 😊
My hope is to do various monochrome (all blue or red, etc) wash-value studies, with the line art in place.
If that’ll be on the fly off the digital image on my iPad onto paper, or via watercolor paper preprinted with the line art portion only, or both, no idea yet. But either way, as Dianne Mize and others often point out, these’ll be both huge learning opps for me, and, fun! Even if a mess, lol!
Creativity comes in many ways, and for me, when away from it this long, kinda haltingly, but I should get my sea legs so to speak back soon enough again –
Stay creative in what ways you can – it’s like breathing – gotta do it! ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Greenbelt parks in nature” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊