Yesterday I posted my bare beginnings of my 1st art work in about a month (because of our move)! My longest break from painting since the 1st 1/2 of the mid 2010’s!
Here, very quickly, because it’s been another long (but productive) day getting things arranged in our new place, including a wonderful double pane sliding glass window in our bedroom! ♥️ We can actually now have our blinds open in “some” of the Austin heat, and hardly feel it like before! Thank you technology! 😊 I have a similar window in my smaller but designated “art room.” Once the boxes there get cleared (the last box frontier), I’ll have that view and light to look forward to!
These two shots, the one above and the one below, were where I got to painting over 3 days (vs 2) cause of other commitments.
And, as mentioned yesterday, the BW on my iPad, to the left of my photo (now on Fine Art America) is a digital value study. Still not sure how much I’ll stay within the ranges shown, but still very helpful, lol! Already I can see where, in a different variation, I might like to try leaving more white space, and/or include more blues, etc – all part of the value of having my line art itself (see 1st image in yesterday’s post) printed on watercolor paper for me to play with 😊
The color areas aren’t transitioned to each other yet, so I’m not panicking – yet 😊
As I’d also mentioned yesterday, this is my 1st watercolor on the smooth side of my 140 lb paper, and I do like it, but next printing I want to try my usual preference for a rougher pigment catching texture. By the same token, the blending going on with this smooth side is surprising and very promising in itself.
So much to learn! But Sheila showed me an incredible inspirational video on FB awhile ago – a 91 year old woman still practicing her gymnastic moves, on the track, at meets! 😯 After her 3 minute or so floor routine (so to speak) she does the parallel bars! You..must..see..that! ❤️
The FB url is – https://fb.watch/5LVQxFhSjA/
Stay active & happy everyone!
ps – dual screen shot on my screen in each photo above is via my Affinity Photo program, iPad version 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊