Yesterday I posted my bare beginnings of my 1st art work in about a month (because of our move)! My longest break from painting since the 1st 1/2 of the mid 2010’s!
Here, very quickly, because it’s been another long (but productive) day getting things arranged in our new place, including a wonderful double pane sliding glass window in our bedroom! ♥️ We can actually now have our blinds open in “some” of the Austin heat, and hardly feel it like before! Thank you technology! 😊 I have a similar window in my smaller but designated “art room.” Once the boxes there get cleared (the last box frontier), I’ll have that view and light to look forward to!
These two shots, the one above and the one below, were where I got to painting over 3 days (vs 2) cause of other commitments.
And, as mentioned yesterday, the BW on my iPad, to the left of my photo (now on Fine Art America) is a digital value study. Still not sure how much I’ll stay within the ranges shown, but still very helpful, lol! Already I can see where, in a different variation, I might like to try leaving more white space, and/or include more blues, etc – all part of the value of having my line art itself (see 1st image in yesterday’s post) printed on watercolor paper for me to play with 😊
The color areas aren’t transitioned to each other yet, so I’m not panicking – yet 😊
As I’d also mentioned yesterday, this is my 1st watercolor on the smooth side of my 140 lb paper, and I do like it, but next printing I want to try my usual preference for a rougher pigment catching texture. By the same token, the blending going on with this smooth side is surprising and very promising in itself.
So much to learn! But Sheila showed me an incredible inspirational video on FB awhile ago – a 91 year old woman still practicing her gymnastic moves, on the track, at meets! 😯 After her 3 minute or so floor routine (so to speak) she does the parallel bars! You..must..see..that! ❤️
The FB url is – https://fb.watch/5LVQxFhSjA/
Stay active & happy everyone!
ps – dual screen shot on my screen in each photo above is via my Affinity Photo program, iPad version 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks again, everyone! 😊