Yesterday I posted my bare beginnings of my 1st art work in about a month (because of our move)! My longest break from painting since the 1st 1/2 of the mid 2010’s!
Here, very quickly, because it’s been another long (but productive) day getting things arranged in our new place, including a wonderful double pane sliding glass window in our bedroom! ♥️ We can actually now have our blinds open in “some” of the Austin heat, and hardly feel it like before! Thank you technology! 😊 I have a similar window in my smaller but designated “art room.” Once the boxes there get cleared (the last box frontier), I’ll have that view and light to look forward to!
These two shots, the one above and the one below, were where I got to painting over 3 days (vs 2) cause of other commitments.
And, as mentioned yesterday, the BW on my iPad, to the left of my photo (now on Fine Art America) is a digital value study. Still not sure how much I’ll stay within the ranges shown, but still very helpful, lol! Already I can see where, in a different variation, I might like to try leaving more white space, and/or include more blues, etc – all part of the value of having my line art itself (see 1st image in yesterday’s post) printed on watercolor paper for me to play with 😊
The color areas aren’t transitioned to each other yet, so I’m not panicking – yet 😊
As I’d also mentioned yesterday, this is my 1st watercolor on the smooth side of my 140 lb paper, and I do like it, but next printing I want to try my usual preference for a rougher pigment catching texture. By the same token, the blending going on with this smooth side is surprising and very promising in itself.
So much to learn! But Sheila showed me an incredible inspirational video on FB awhile ago – a 91 year old woman still practicing her gymnastic moves, on the track, at meets! 😯 After her 3 minute or so floor routine (so to speak) she does the parallel bars! You..must..see..that! ❤️
The FB url is – https://fb.watch/5LVQxFhSjA/
Stay active & happy everyone!
ps – dual screen shot on my screen in each photo above is via my Affinity Photo program, iPad version 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊