Yesterday I posted my bare beginnings of my 1st art work in about a month (because of our move)! My longest break from painting since the 1st 1/2 of the mid 2010’s!
Here, very quickly, because it’s been another long (but productive) day getting things arranged in our new place, including a wonderful double pane sliding glass window in our bedroom! ♥️ We can actually now have our blinds open in “some” of the Austin heat, and hardly feel it like before! Thank you technology! 😊 I have a similar window in my smaller but designated “art room.” Once the boxes there get cleared (the last box frontier), I’ll have that view and light to look forward to!
These two shots, the one above and the one below, were where I got to painting over 3 days (vs 2) cause of other commitments.
And, as mentioned yesterday, the BW on my iPad, to the left of my photo (now on Fine Art America) is a digital value study. Still not sure how much I’ll stay within the ranges shown, but still very helpful, lol! Already I can see where, in a different variation, I might like to try leaving more white space, and/or include more blues, etc – all part of the value of having my line art itself (see 1st image in yesterday’s post) printed on watercolor paper for me to play with 😊
The color areas aren’t transitioned to each other yet, so I’m not panicking – yet 😊
As I’d also mentioned yesterday, this is my 1st watercolor on the smooth side of my 140 lb paper, and I do like it, but next printing I want to try my usual preference for a rougher pigment catching texture. By the same token, the blending going on with this smooth side is surprising and very promising in itself.
So much to learn! But Sheila showed me an incredible inspirational video on FB awhile ago – a 91 year old woman still practicing her gymnastic moves, on the track, at meets! 😯 After her 3 minute or so floor routine (so to speak) she does the parallel bars! You..must..see..that! ❤️
The FB url is – https://fb.watch/5LVQxFhSjA/
Stay active & happy everyone!
ps – dual screen shot on my screen in each photo above is via my Affinity Photo program, iPad version 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 24, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Texas PosterFinally finished my line art watercolor poster via my Austin Barton Creek Greenbelt photo, and, uploaded it to Fine Art America…It was quite a learning process for me that, though derailed for a bit with chores etc, finally felt finished!
- June 23, 2021 – 2nd Update for Delivering Art for the Summer Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasYesterday the 8 year old and I delivered my full set of 12×18 Volleyball posters to the Old Bakery & Emporium and Mike, one of several long time consistent folks to know there, was kind enough to pose with the Texas Capitol Bldg seen through the window 😊
- June 22, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – Last Day Today!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 21, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – June 21 & 22!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 20, 2021 – Happy Father’s Day!I’d had several ideas what to post for today, got mired in different possible thoughts, finally settled on saving posting anything til I had my morning walk at the greenbelt, my Father’s Day morning at Barton Springs Greenbelt 😊
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊