I would have titled this After the Rains, but the rains are predicted to resume today or tomorrow. Each time it’s rained, with a day or half day lull, the creek has risen – totally different from my shot barely a month ago. Now the creek is rushing in spots and forming pools deep enough to evidently dive into!
Though this looks exciting, this is definitely not something I’ll be trying soon. The young man, Matt, asked if I’d take his picture jumping off the small cliff, and was savvy enough to add, “and in case I don’t make it!”
After his jump, I gave him my card & promised him I’d have the blog post up by that evening (yesterday) or by this morning – so here it is – to youth and daring and enough ability to swim across the creek to the rock and back, plus make the jump!
In many ways, this is a form of street photography I think. People being people photographed in everyday life. I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m in a shot of someone taking photos!
It would be great if I could have this incredible expanse devoid of all but the nature Austin is so blessed to have, but by cropping, and having such close access to such a richness expanse of nature, some crops do capture I think, tiny snippets and senses of the reverence the native Indian people must have felt hundreds of years ago!
I do know my goal with our 8 year old grandson is the more tame target of getting some good waterproof hiking sandals, so we can venture out into shallow areas and reach more rocks and capture more of the expanse of the creeks as seen from the creek itself. Safely. ☺️
So here, below, is the visual record of Matt’s greenbelt jump! 😊
I won’t comment or confess to my own antics at the same age or so, but I will say be careful, take a few precautions, and enjoy as safely as possible ❤️
To a life worth living everyone! However that may work out for you, and, still allow others to do the same 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “urban wilderness parks” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 23, 2021 – 2nd Update for Delivering Art for the Summer Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasYesterday the 8 year old and I delivered my full set of 12×18 Volleyball posters to the Old Bakery & Emporium and Mike, one of several long time consistent folks to know there, was kind enough to pose with the Texas Capitol Bldg seen through the window 😊
- June 22, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – Last Day Today!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 21, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – June 21 & 22!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 20, 2021 – Happy Father’s Day!I’d had several ideas what to post for today, got mired in different possible thoughts, finally settled on saving posting anything til I had my morning walk at the greenbelt, my Father’s Day morning at Barton Springs Greenbelt 😊
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊