A bit back, as I posted the 2nd of June, after some unexpected but welcome heavy rains, water filled the usually fairly dry Barton Creek creek bed, and I discovered folks really like jumping off this rock into the water, lol!
That 1st time, it was a young man named, Matt; this time ’round it’s a young lady named Payton! 😊
Brave young lady, here she is above, preparing to launch off!
Then the point of no return – mid air almost in flight!
Wise lady, feet first, as I’ve heard recommended when one can’t see the bottom, ie, because it’s more likely one’ll resurface if one hits a recently displaced rock or piece of tree with one’s foot or feet, than hitting one’s head and possibly becoming disorientated, or worse!
Then the rushing pull of gravity – the inevitable return to earth, thankfully into the water 😊
When anything you might’ve could’ve done or didn’t doesn’t matter anymore.
I remember jumping off the high board several times at our nearby community pool growing up in Houston, and for me, this was the true time of trust that all would end up okay. That I’d rise, break the surface – and breathe! ❤️
Payton I’m sure, has her take on this moment of flight and impact! 😊
By the time this posts, I’ll (hopefully) be preparing to make my trip to Houston to see my mother off into her own true deep – though truthfully, I think she’ll already have risen and taken her truest of breaths 💕
Here’s a link of my post of her before our trip to say goodbye in Houston –
Stay well everyone! Breathe in the good, even if just in moments ☺️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “urban wilderness parks” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊