A bit back, as I posted the 2nd of June, after some unexpected but welcome heavy rains, water filled the usually fairly dry Barton Creek creek bed, and I discovered folks really like jumping off this rock into the water, lol!
That 1st time, it was a young man named, Matt; this time ’round it’s a young lady named Payton! 😊
Brave young lady, here she is above, preparing to launch off!
Then the point of no return – mid air almost in flight!
Wise lady, feet first, as I’ve heard recommended when one can’t see the bottom, ie, because it’s more likely one’ll resurface if one hits a recently displaced rock or piece of tree with one’s foot or feet, than hitting one’s head and possibly becoming disorientated, or worse!
Then the rushing pull of gravity – the inevitable return to earth, thankfully into the water 😊
When anything you might’ve could’ve done or didn’t doesn’t matter anymore.
I remember jumping off the high board several times at our nearby community pool growing up in Houston, and for me, this was the true time of trust that all would end up okay. That I’d rise, break the surface – and breathe! ❤️
Payton I’m sure, has her take on this moment of flight and impact! 😊
By the time this posts, I’ll (hopefully) be preparing to make my trip to Houston to see my mother off into her own true deep – though truthfully, I think she’ll already have risen and taken her truest of breaths 💕
Here’s a link of my post of her before our trip to say goodbye in Houston –
Stay well everyone! Breathe in the good, even if just in moments ☺️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “urban wilderness parks” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊