My fitness tracker’s strap broke off 1st thing this morning, well, right after I noticed it wouldn’t come on, at all. I think I forgot to recharge it last night. Kinda a bummer ’cause I’d been on my best continuous step count and intensity minutes totals since before my operations right at two years ago!
But I got to thinking – maybe this was fate’s way of letting me know that yeah, it’s ok, good even, to keep count – but – I kinda got this down now. How to pace, daily. How to add up generous minutes of exertion gently, throughout the day. How to discipline myself from habit and self worth to put in the time, my time, into the quality of my own life. That wouldn’t be too bad I thought, putting aside my tracker and setting my day’s schedule in place in my mind –
Wish my son a happy birthday ❤️
Deliver my paperwork to the Old Bakery & Emporium, plus speak w/the new director re printing out my whole Volleyball series into mini posters for the shop
Discover and confirm a new better route from our new apt home to the Bakery & back
Swing by Great Harvest Bread on Bee Caves Rd for a super yummy fresh baked wheat w/pumpkin and sunflower seeds bread
Pick up some Cote de Rhome wines at Trader Joe’s on the final leg back home
Have a fantastic sandwich lunch with the new bread & other goodies
Work on my business accounting
Do a seniors dance stretch sequence via a lady Sheila found on PBS
Walk with Sheila down then back up the hill our apt’s on
Talk w/the nearby Y ’bout starting up classes there
Hang a few pieces of art in the living room
Work a bit more on my business accounting
Have an orange and banana snack
Go alone for a walk –
A long walk along the rain swollen little creek now a river with rapids in the greenbelt down the hill
Sit with Sheila on our balcony and witness, absorb really, the greenery round us deepen and darken with the approach of night
Decide, finally, this would be the topic for my post tonight 😊
Yes, I missed my tracker, checking my wrist periodically as I hiked alternate walking paths down our nearer section of Barton Springs. But I missed it out of habit, not need. It’s already taught me what I really needed to know, to once again feel confident venturing out consistently. Exercising, consistently. I’d been there before and for a long time. But eight holes in my abdomen, like the surgeons told me, would take time to heal. And things I took for normal for so long, might not be so normal after. My esophagus is straighter, so I taste everything more clearly, needing less the big gulps to get taste stunted ever so slightly be the sting of trapped acidity. My body’s muscularity had to literally rebalance itself. My gall bladder is now gone, with the weight I’d spent a lifetime adjusted to having as part of my balance. Not a big loss, but a change, esp at my age. Maybe any age.
So I’m grateful, on my son’s 50th birthday, I’m here to see him continuing to be and become the loving brilliant person he 1st seemed as a child, and has almost everyday since ♥️
Yes, today was a good day 💕
Stay well everyone!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “self reliance” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊