My fitness tracker’s strap broke off 1st thing this morning, well, right after I noticed it wouldn’t come on, at all. I think I forgot to recharge it last night. Kinda a bummer ’cause I’d been on my best continuous step count and intensity minutes totals since before my operations right at two years ago!
But I got to thinking – maybe this was fate’s way of letting me know that yeah, it’s ok, good even, to keep count – but – I kinda got this down now. How to pace, daily. How to add up generous minutes of exertion gently, throughout the day. How to discipline myself from habit and self worth to put in the time, my time, into the quality of my own life. That wouldn’t be too bad I thought, putting aside my tracker and setting my day’s schedule in place in my mind –
Wish my son a happy birthday ❤️
Deliver my paperwork to the Old Bakery & Emporium, plus speak w/the new director re printing out my whole Volleyball series into mini posters for the shop
Discover and confirm a new better route from our new apt home to the Bakery & back
Swing by Great Harvest Bread on Bee Caves Rd for a super yummy fresh baked wheat w/pumpkin and sunflower seeds bread
Pick up some Cote de Rhome wines at Trader Joe’s on the final leg back home
Have a fantastic sandwich lunch with the new bread & other goodies
Work on my business accounting
Do a seniors dance stretch sequence via a lady Sheila found on PBS
Walk with Sheila down then back up the hill our apt’s on
Talk w/the nearby Y ’bout starting up classes there
Hang a few pieces of art in the living room
Work a bit more on my business accounting
Have an orange and banana snack
Go alone for a walk –
A long walk along the rain swollen little creek now a river with rapids in the greenbelt down the hill
Sit with Sheila on our balcony and witness, absorb really, the greenery round us deepen and darken with the approach of night
Decide, finally, this would be the topic for my post tonight 😊
Yes, I missed my tracker, checking my wrist periodically as I hiked alternate walking paths down our nearer section of Barton Springs. But I missed it out of habit, not need. It’s already taught me what I really needed to know, to once again feel confident venturing out consistently. Exercising, consistently. I’d been there before and for a long time. But eight holes in my abdomen, like the surgeons told me, would take time to heal. And things I took for normal for so long, might not be so normal after. My esophagus is straighter, so I taste everything more clearly, needing less the big gulps to get taste stunted ever so slightly be the sting of trapped acidity. My body’s muscularity had to literally rebalance itself. My gall bladder is now gone, with the weight I’d spent a lifetime adjusted to having as part of my balance. Not a big loss, but a change, esp at my age. Maybe any age.
So I’m grateful, on my son’s 50th birthday, I’m here to see him continuing to be and become the loving brilliant person he 1st seemed as a child, and has almost everyday since ♥️
Yes, today was a good day 💕
Stay well everyone!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “self reliance” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 10, 2021 – Volleyball Kill Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmerica5th of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Kill, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- June 09, 2021 – Ending the Day With a SplashI did do several things needing doing today, including finally uploading a new sports gift writing – Volleyball Kill Poster, but the day was capped by a surprise late afternoon visit from the 8 year old 😊
- June 08, 2021 – Walking in Barton Creek With My New Waterproof Hiking Sandals, Video and PicsI hoped to build on yesterday’s video and think I did grab a decent one. The pic above is a screen shot from today’s video below –Unless I get lucky, I’m finding I like picking my own frame for the video’s thumbnail, since I often then use it for my header and my “featured image” via WordPress’ architecture. It makes presenting a video more fun for me 😊
- June 07, 2021 – Standing on a Rock in Barton Creek, Two Videos and a SelfieSix weeks ago today I posted the two pics below…Quite a different scene from that in the above video after intermittent rains this past week, or the today’s 2nd video end of my post 😊
- June 06, 2021 – Reblog : The Impressionist Art of Seeing and Being Seen (Berthe Morisot in England; via the New York Times; by Jason Farago)Seldom have I enjoyed an art critique post, visually or intellectually, as much as I enjoyed this visually detailed, historically grounded narrative into “some” of what the Impressionist movement was about, even if not apparent at the time – ie, much like our own times will need some reflection and commentary to become more fully fleshed out.
- June 05, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Almost Here – June 21 & 22!I’m very glad to present this reminder or new-to-you information that Amazon’s Prime Day, with typically huge sales rolling across two days, is nearly here! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊