My fitness tracker’s strap broke off 1st thing this morning, well, right after I noticed it wouldn’t come on, at all. I think I forgot to recharge it last night. Kinda a bummer ’cause I’d been on my best continuous step count and intensity minutes totals since before my operations right at two years ago!
But I got to thinking – maybe this was fate’s way of letting me know that yeah, it’s ok, good even, to keep count – but – I kinda got this down now. How to pace, daily. How to add up generous minutes of exertion gently, throughout the day. How to discipline myself from habit and self worth to put in the time, my time, into the quality of my own life. That wouldn’t be too bad I thought, putting aside my tracker and setting my day’s schedule in place in my mind –
Wish my son a happy birthday ❤️
Deliver my paperwork to the Old Bakery & Emporium, plus speak w/the new director re printing out my whole Volleyball series into mini posters for the shop
Discover and confirm a new better route from our new apt home to the Bakery & back
Swing by Great Harvest Bread on Bee Caves Rd for a super yummy fresh baked wheat w/pumpkin and sunflower seeds bread
Pick up some Cote de Rhome wines at Trader Joe’s on the final leg back home
Have a fantastic sandwich lunch with the new bread & other goodies
Work on my business accounting
Do a seniors dance stretch sequence via a lady Sheila found on PBS
Walk with Sheila down then back up the hill our apt’s on
Talk w/the nearby Y ’bout starting up classes there
Hang a few pieces of art in the living room
Work a bit more on my business accounting
Have an orange and banana snack
Go alone for a walk –
A long walk along the rain swollen little creek now a river with rapids in the greenbelt down the hill
Sit with Sheila on our balcony and witness, absorb really, the greenery round us deepen and darken with the approach of night
Decide, finally, this would be the topic for my post tonight 😊
Yes, I missed my tracker, checking my wrist periodically as I hiked alternate walking paths down our nearer section of Barton Springs. But I missed it out of habit, not need. It’s already taught me what I really needed to know, to once again feel confident venturing out consistently. Exercising, consistently. I’d been there before and for a long time. But eight holes in my abdomen, like the surgeons told me, would take time to heal. And things I took for normal for so long, might not be so normal after. My esophagus is straighter, so I taste everything more clearly, needing less the big gulps to get taste stunted ever so slightly be the sting of trapped acidity. My body’s muscularity had to literally rebalance itself. My gall bladder is now gone, with the weight I’d spent a lifetime adjusted to having as part of my balance. Not a big loss, but a change, esp at my age. Maybe any age.
So I’m grateful, on my son’s 50th birthday, I’m here to see him continuing to be and become the loving brilliant person he 1st seemed as a child, and has almost everyday since ♥️
Yes, today was a good day 💕
Stay well everyone!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “self reliance” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
- July 23, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Preparing to Add a FigureLike my prep work for my 1st watercolor Austin Greenbelt poster on paper, I placed my source image and line drawing in one side by side file to work from – blocking out our friend’s face for privacy. Then I decided I should probably do a digital value study too, lol!
- July 22, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progressAt 25×40 this new work has stretched my memories and my muscles of years ago when I did much larger work. I just figured it was time to explore working on canvas again for a bit 😊 Below, on the left, is the work as posted back July 11th about inlaying light modeling paste, working with the pen and ink I hand applied 1st (vs printing my ink pattern as I did with my recent watercolor posters on paper).
- July 21, 2021 – Three Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismIt seems extra special to have Summer is a Lady repeat again as most viewed, joining a few other posts with repeated viewing rankings, some even crossing months or even years on my site 💕 A couple good examples are —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊