My wife & I both take a lot of pleasure showing & teaching the 8 year old about the myriad mass of cultural and nutritional and miscellaneous details of living nowadays (sometimes as vs when “we” grew up, lol!) – but often enough, he likes to feel he’s returning the favor. He is almost always doing such, usually without realizing it, so I wanted to make it more concrete, for him. This is one such instance.
He’d already done his usual jump-skip over piles of rocks along the greenbelt, many much more visible than usual due to the lack of rain (at least til the other night when it poured!) and I told him I was gonna jump over a couple of chasms myself 😊
This is him doing his easy flow over the field of rocks —
So I tossed him my phone (ie, camera), pressed my hat tighter onto my head, and wished I could have had a shot of the look on his face of, “Really, grandpa?” 😊
From the moment I pressed my foot to the firm surface of the lave like rock below me, I made a little prayer, took a short firm breath, and envisioned crossing the (roughly) 3 1/2 gap to the other rock. The drop was far, but it’d been deep and uneven enough to potentially cause me a problem.
Gauging the speed I needed, plus the foot spacing I needed to safely launch, were all the filled my mind that moment —
And in less than a second it was that time of the moment of no return. Like the younger folk jumping off the small cliff just a bit further down stream. There’s a moment one can’t turn back, literally —
Sailing in the air is but a second. All of it spent eyeing where I was gonna plant my foot, lol!
That first firm step and press onto the rock past the small gulf was all I needed! From there momentum alone would at the least tumble me safe onto the rock! Well, maybe not safe, if I tumbled forward — 😏 But I did make it! 😊
I may’ve been better off having the 8 year old shoot a video, but I don’t know. This is still pretty cool. It’s as good for me as I hope these memories will be for him ♥️
I also think that was one of my mom’s highest motivating desires – leaving a natural imprint of the good in life in the children that entered her life.
If there was one dominant group of people at her service and burial recently, it was the sheer number of children, some almost grown, some thinking they were grown 😊 and some still all too happy to be little 💕
For me, for now, doing this one-off jump, and glad to settle back into more fluid, softer motions, is my small contribution ☺️
Stay well all, it’s usually well worth it!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “family poetry” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
Oh my goodness!!!! I am not sure I would have made that jump, Adan!! But, I have to say you just made my day! This is a great reminder to keep going and to keep jumping! 🥰👍😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
So much fun, for a bit, Tiffany, lol! Not my regular thing but fun to share to do with the 8 year old 😊 There’s portions of the hiking path that are kinda rocky w/small rocks and those I can walk quick or light jog and they’re a much safer doable option, lol! 😊